This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio
    Or, it could just be that the sun is bright enough to make the translucent material the chevrons are made of appear to be lit.....whoever hit the render button without checking that should be shot! ::nod::
    Another example is Nemesis - when the Gate is beamed to the Beliskner, the lower two chevrons are not lit.

Comment

Originally posted by David
      Another example is Nemesis - when the Gate is beamed to the Beliskner, the lower two chevrons are not lit.
      I meant when the gate has a sun BEHIND it, like shining a flashlight through a sheet of paper.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm referring to the two other chevrons being lit.

Comment

Yeh, I editted my post.
          sigpic

Comment

It's actually good that that much care was put into the shot. I think out of the entire series it's my favorite Stargate sequence- Launching it from the bay of th Ha'tak and and it flying into the star.

Comment

Is the event horizon Swirling?(I'm assuming it wouldn't pull back like a funnel until the effect 'built up' in the gate itself) I put the DVD away....too....lazy....to....check....
              sigpic

Comment

Swirling, like in "A Matter of Time?"

It's just doing it's normal...water thing.

Comment

"Is the event horizon Swirling?(I'm assuming it wouldn't pull back like a funnel until the effect 'built up' in the gate itself) I put the DVD away....too....lazy....to....check...." - Mio
                  You're right, it isn't doing the funnel thing. In fact, there is no time distortion at all, even prior to Carter putting the forcefield up. Maybe it does take time, for the gravity to come through, or maybe it's will suspensin of disbelief. And yes, the seven chevrons are lit for the initial launch sequence (I love the little jets) and then all nine are lit in the last shot of it being hurled into the sun.

Getting back to the nine chevrons in the Pegasus, maybe the newer gates just have all nine chevrons light up.... possibly because the designers thought it looked better. Designers being either the show's designers or the Ancient architects designing the newer gate.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                    You're right, it isn't doing the funnel thing. In fact, there is no time distortion at all, even prior to Carter putting the forcefield up. Maybe it does take time, for the gravity to come through, or maybe it's will suspensin of disbelief. And yes, the seven chevrons are lit for the initial launch sequence (I love the little jets) and then all nine are lit in the last shot of it being hurled into the sun.

Getting back to the nine chevrons in the Pegasus, maybe the newer gates just have all nine chevrons light up.... possibly because the designers thought it looked better. Designers being either the show's designers or the Ancient architects designing the newer gate.
                    Actually, I'm watching exodos.

Carter set the gravity generators in the cargo bay to maximum....and the gate did do a swirling thing, just not a sucking-backwards thing.

The force shield probably prevented the funnel effect once it was outside the gravity field of the cargo bay.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it depends on the function of the gate or perhaps what may be around the gate
                      __

__

Comment

In any event, the lower two chevrons are not lit in Nemesis, nor are they lit in the *first* part of the Exodus-hurling-Stargate sequence.

I'm going to have to agree with ye olde moderator, and chalk the Atlantis bit up to a production oversight. I'd LOVE to see the ninth chevron being legitimately used, but something tells me that won't occur for some time.
                        "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
                        Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

This is quite interesting. They sometimes are all lit, they sometimes aren't. This is so strange and now Atlantis comes and confuses us even more!
                          __

__

Comment

After re-watching the Stargate spiraling towards the sun in Exodus, I really think it's just the glare from the sun.
                            "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
                            Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

Possibly, but I think all nine might actually light up (unless the engagers are transparent)
                              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                                Possibly, but I think all nine might actually light up (unless the engagers are transparent)
                                As I said above,they are probably partially transparent, and when backed by something as overwhelming bright as sun (exodos) look as if they are lit.

Atlantis's 9 are probably just a goof
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X