Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pegasus galaxy is A LOT farther than the Agard's Galaxy, those power sources are probably still too inefficient to get to Pegasys.
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelmganon
      Well, if something massive enough went through hyperspace, think it's possible? Like, the Death Star? Anubis is enough like Darth Vader anyhow :-P
      Anubis as Vader! I can see it now...

Anubis: Jack I am your Father!
      Jack: NO!!!!!!!!!!! (he then falls down a shaft into an open stargate).

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

Back on topic.....

I hope they don't use the ninth cheven for some pointless BS. Maybe we don't even know what it does because the Wraith dialed it.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Or like Darren suggested, it could simply be a production goof, at which point we're all chasing our tails to find out that there might be ... no tail at all.

Comment

It could be but most of the clips look like it's from the primere and it's getting later to make mistakes.
            It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Also, Keep in mind it's a new 3d effects company doing the FX, so maybe they forgot to do their homework before making the effects.
              My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

In the fourth season finale (sorry, I forget the name) when they launch the Stargate towards the sun, aren't all nine chevrons lit up then as well? Maybe (please feel free to call me an idiot if I'm being one) once a wormhole is engaged all nine chevrons light up, we normally don't see the other two so how would we know?
                Rocky

Comment

Yeah, you're actually correct. All nine chevrons are engaged with a seven symbol dialup sequence. Interesting...
                  __

__

Comment

I seem to remember the last two chevrons NOT being lit up in Exodus, but I could easily be mistaken - screenshot, anyone?
                    "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
                    Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

Screenshot here:
                      http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate...&ID=88&highl=4

As you can see, there are only 7 chevrons engaded and lightening... so
                      Very good German Stargate SG-1 & Atlantis Fanpage with all Information, Lexicon, Episodeguide, most current News and a great design: www.Stargate-Project.com

Comment

Just to jump a tiny bit off topic here for a second...

Could the "9th Chevron" be the Ancients 'future proof' 'device'.

They build all gates with the 9 chevrons so that any future 'gate networks'... further and further away from each other can be contacted from each and every other gate network.

In my sollution, the 9th chevron is similiar to the 8th is concept, only larger distance multiplyer?

If the Ancients intended for their networks to be continually spreading throughout the known universe, then it would make sense for them to be able to contact all those networks at any given time (or at least most of them)

So 7 chevrons for addresses within own galaxy...

8 Chevrons to dial from your galaxy to another galaxy

9 Chevrons to go further out

Of course the Ancients had no use for the 9th at that stage, because they had no networks at that range?

With the current theory of expanding universe model, then this sollution fits?

Thoughts?

Comment

"9 chevrons to go further out"

Go further out where? Assuming that each glyph represents a separate galaxy (for 8th chevron purposes), the 'gate network could potentially differentiate between 38 different galaxies. Unless the Ancients populated 39 or more galaxies with 'gates (which I doubt), there's really nowhere else to go, distance-speaking. The "different universes" theory, in my opinion, isn't really valid, but I guess it's possible.
                          "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
                          Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

"9 chevrons to go further out"

I think it means dailing to another universes, in my opion it's valid theory.
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Well, we know eight dials to another galaxy to perhaps nine goes as far as possible
                              __

__

Comment

You dial nine you go to the center of the universe and meet God.... Oh wait wrong franchise....

Comment

Working...
                                X