• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know what the 9 chevron does

what ever the writers want it to do

Comment

Ok seriously...

6 Chevrons for a position in space. 1 Chevron as a PoO, 1 Chevron as a guide to whcih galaxy... and 1 for a position in time? Time IS the fourth dimension, and we're utilising three with the first 8.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Nope. The Ancients were not capable of time travel when the stargates were created.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

And they messed up seriously when the Plague came (evidenced in "Window of Opportunity").

But anyway, if all the ninth chevron does is access a Stargate in space, then I'm going to get my staff weapon and attack those writers for keeping it such a mystery so long, and then giving us something so........non-exciting.

But no, I think we still have yet to see The Power of the Ninth Chevron (sounds like some bad title for an episode)
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
            But no, I think we still have yet to see The Power of the Ninth Chevron (sounds like some bad title for an episode)

i can't wait to see that ep

Comment

why do all 9 chevrons fit for the pegasus gates but not on the milky way gates? they stick over into other glyphs.

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
                why do all 9 chevrons fit for the pegasus gates but not on the milky way gates? they stick over into other glyphs.
                I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.
                Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                  I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.

look at the chevron on the earth gate. when the 7th chevron is exactly inside the glyph box the other chevrons don't align in the glyph boxes they point to. they half cover 2 glyph boxes. but the pegasus gates fit just fine.

Comment

Don't forget that the MW gates spin, so it's not always perfect. The pegasus gates don't spin.
                    Rocky

Comment

Just the ones without a DHD in MW spin. Otherwise, when you dial, the chevrons just light up. Whereas with the PG gate, the inner ring lights up to show coordinates as you dial.

Ok, I know this has no real bearing on this convo. Please, ignore and comment on.
                      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                        Just the ones without a DHD in MW spin. Otherwise, when you dial, the chevrons just light up. Whereas with the PG gate, the inner ring lights up to show coordinates as you dial.

Ok, I know this has no real bearing on this convo. Please, ignore and comment on.

there's no proof they don't spin. it would be perfect sense that they do, especially in a 'frontier' galaxy with no other supposed life in it. just supply enough power to the gate and the glyphs illuminate then you roll it into place........also if you notice the pegasus gates have standard positions for the glyphs. whenever they dial out in atlantus after the last chevron locks, they all illuminate and in a different position. if you watch even the POO moves to a different place on the inner ring

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          Nope. The Ancients were not capable of time travel when the stargates were created.
                          True but that might be what the Ancients intended it for, but they never acomplished their goal...or did they acomplish it and added it to the Atlantis gate...
                          Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                          O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                          We are the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelmganon View Post
                            In the screenshots of the Stargate orbiting (what I would assume to be) a Wraith planet, ALL nine chevrons are engaged. Wowzers!

Could the function of the ninth chevron be revealed? Is it necessary to admit certain objects/masses? The only possible exception to this was the "needle" ship that Teal'c and Hammond used in "Into The Fire."

Any thoughts?

All the gates Chevrons Light up when a worm hole is active, its just that fact that its the first time you've seen the ninth chevron that isnt embedded in a rock or a military platform, regardless of incoming our outgoing in the pegasus (watching episodes in HD)

also, the Atlantis Gate doesnt move, the chevrons or where they are supposed to be appears to be some sort of LCD display, the glyphs change, but the ring doesnt spin, if i have too i'll upload the dialing sequence in 720p.. None of the Pegasus Gates Spin AFAIK.. they all do the LCD glyph thing.. and all of them have 9 Chevrons lit....
                            Last edited by Skate Zilla; 25 January 2007, 10:59 PM.
                            Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

seeing how long this thread is I've not read the whole thing. I have read the first page and I'm now going to post my theories. Bear with em if any of these have been posted before as if I could read a whole 15 pages of posts in a time efficient manner I would.

Ok firstly from what I was pretty sure the original SG1 gate had nine chevrons.

Next the ninth chevron could be used for alternative realities. Or it could be seen as a super-grid as I'm sure theres more than 96 galaxies. the ancients problably planned for that.

Additionally I figure that the Stargates probly work kinda like telephones (SG1 Season 1 anyone? "what happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask") Anyways my meaning is that with my cell phone I can dial an older phone that my mom uses. why? cus it uses the same system. Sure maybe the technologies a little bit different. More advanced but the base principle is the same, so they are capable of interactiing the same way.
                              You shot that thing at me!
                              I was already on an Alien Planet!
                              We're all in this together!
                              What happens when you dial your own phone number? wrong person to ask!

Comment

Why did you bring up a dead thread?

Best Stargate quote:
                                Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                                Green is your friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X