This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarshAngel
    You know I noticed today, watching "Home" that Shepphard seems to be fairly well off, possibly wealthy. His house very large and expensively furnished, he took Teyla shopping... I don't know if this was an intentional effort on the part of the writers but maybe its something they'll explore later on. It would be unusual for a wealthy person to joined the armed forces.
    Ah, but I think that was the point - it wasn't his home - they did say he had an incredible ability to control and direct his own hallucinations, and Sheppard noted that home before Atlantis was Antartica. He just made that home up as a fantasy.
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

You know I noticed today, watching "Home" that Shepphard seems to be fairly well off, possibly wealthy. His house very large and expensively furnished, he took Teyla shopping... I don't know if this was an intentional effort on the part of the writers but maybe its something they'll explore later on. It would be unusual for a wealthy person to joined the armed forces.
      Er, no. The shopping, the bachelor pad and everything else that happened on "Earth" was an illusion. That's how Sheppard noticed something was wrong in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
        Ah, but I think that was the point - it wasn't his home - they did say he had an incredible ability to control and direct his own hallucinations, and Sheppard noted that home before Atlantis was Antartica. He just made that home up as a fantasy.
        LOL, you beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by gooner_diva
          LOL, you beat me to it.
          I'm just quick on the keyboard!
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Er, no. The shopping, the bachelor pad and everything else that happened on "Earth" was an illusion. That's how Sheppard noticed something was wrong in the first place.
            An illusion that was based on reality as he knew it and remembered it. Just because the reality turned out to be false doesn't mean that everything in it was. Everything in the reality was taken from his memory, whether or not he controlled some of it or not I don't think he manufactured everything in it.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

An illusion that was based on reality as he knew it and remembered it. Just because the reality turned out to be false doesn't mean that everything in it was. Everything in the reality was taken from his memory, whether or not he controlled some of it or not I don't think he manufactured everything in it.
              Maybe not everything but he made a specific comment on how he'd "dreamt about a bachelor pad like that" and that his "home for the past 11 months had been a research base in Antarctica".

Comment

Maybe not everything but he made a specific comment on how he'd "dreamt about a bachelor pad like that" and that his "home for the past 11 months had been a research base in Antarctica".
                oops... guess I missed that. That's what happens when you multitask.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

oops... guess I missed that. That's what happens when you multitask.
                  LOL, no problem.

Comment

No no, he says that "home for the past eleven (?) months was a research base in Antarctica" but he adds that he did dream about a place just like it, though.

It's taken from the memory of a dream, not his true memory.

Official Member of the Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                    ...and the Lord said, 'Let there be F.O.R.D.' and there was, and it was good...

Comment

Working...
                    X