Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it takes responsiblity off the creators and puts it onto the fans.
    Yes, it's a burden, but one I am willing to bear.
    Garwin played a Tollan, now he's playing a human from Earth. Makeup isn't the only thing that can hide an actor's face. I say give the guy a chance to convince us that he's some guy who looks a lot like some other guy we once knew.

But how'd you like it if they cast RDA as the lost Emporor of Atlantis or something.
    Ooh! Ooh! I'd love that! That would be cool!

Also I was dissapointed beacuse I would have liked to see the Tollan back, which his re-casting makes doubtful.
    Ah, but this is sci-fi; maybe Narim will come back, and he and Sam and Weir and the new guy that looks a lot like Narim will have some adventure together.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Again, not seeing the problem here with an actor playing two roles. This is what an actor does, they act (now there's a leap of logic)! If they could only play one role, them they wouldn't be much of an actor, now would they? This is done in theatre all of the time, even in the SAME performance, if necessary (as I mentioned earlier). The fact that he changed his voice a bit is evidence that he is playing a different character. It should help any viewers who saw him as Narim be able to distinguish between the two characters. I highly doubt the two characters would have the same accents and habbits, so the actor is obviously doing his best to portray them differently.

Comment

But this is not repetory theater, this is TV. Much different.

I have to say, (as I think I posted somewhere else) that it was to Garwin's great credit that the way he held himself, spoke, sat, were all very non-Narim, and showed him to be the capable actor that he is. So it wasn't such a big deal. But there are plenty of other "fan burdens" to carry (uh, space ships?) that doing this dual-use thing just seemed sorta.... ungood. But I'm over it.

So now what do we talk about?

Comment

Working...
        X