• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see the return of Hammond
    __

__

Comment

Hammond is still in charge. He's now over the S.G.C., Prometheus, Atlantis project, etc., as the head of a new "Homeworld Security" department.
      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

He might still is in command of the Prometheus.
        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Darren -- where did you hear that? Or are you speculating? It makes sesne that he'd be promoted to be in charge of all off-world dealings, which now will include the SG:A team as well as the SG teams.

Comment

OMG! Just looked at the pics, then I was like OMG! Its Narim! Why would they recast a character that we already know well! WTF! He was in like 3 or 4 eps. Its not like some guy in costume we would never recognize.
            "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Now that is what I call, pulling a "Star Trek" on our A$$es!!! I hated it when they did it and I hate it even more when other do the same error. I mean if they have a fan based show like Stargate or Star Trek, those who watch them remember more or less the characters in them. Once they are slapped with a "Star Trek" (dead not dead/ not the same person yet the same) we loose respect for the show as it becomes pretty cheap...
              I MEAN REAL CHEAP!

Don't no one tell me there isn't a hungry actor out there who needs a job, who will be able to pull it off just as well as the guy they used time and time again...

Tom Paris from Star Trek Voyager was Crushers friend in one of the Star Trek the Next Generation shows, when all of the sudden in stead of using the same character they use the same kid in the same Star Trek Universe.

Or like in Star Trek V the character St. John Talbot played by David Warner,
              Portrays Talbot (ST:V), Gorkon (ST:VI), Gul Madred (TNG)
              Character actor David Warner has played his share of villains, including St. John Talbot in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, Chancellor Gorkon in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Gul Madred in the ST:TNG episode "Chain of Command, Part II".

Hey the list goes on and on... So...

Not too happy when people do that, unless you go and say, "HEY, I could not even recognize it was him or her". Then it is ok, like in Farscape... It took me a long time before I figured out that the voice of the Pilot in Moya was Bialar Crais! Cool stuff in Farscape!

Comment

Hammond -> http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/108_10.shtml

I don't really have much of a problem with Garwin being back. I mean, how many times has Dion Johnstone been in SG-1? Twice without makeup!

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Garwin was the best actor for the part?! For God sake, David Hewlett was going to be playing Dr. Ingram until they started filming!!!

And Narim was in 3 episodes, the same as Lt. Elliot...

Comment

Also, I just remembered, check the Poisoning the Well photos. Recognise Perna? (The Woman) She's Dr. Zenna Valk from Season 6's Cure

Comment

I noticed that too. However, he/she may be good for the part which I have to against point on but Narim? I guess if you start wathcing Atlantis you'll have to think differently
                    __

__

Comment

I don't mind when I *notice* that its Jeffrey Combs in a Star Trek role again and again beacuse he's pretty adaptable, and he's always UNDER MAKEUP (except in the Vorta role). This strikes me as not like that at all. He's totally 'naked', and used to be a very important character. I don't care if he nailed the audition 1000%, its just sorta weak and almost disrespectful I'd say to have your audience have to 'play along' like that.

Though I'm betting he won't be playing the mush-mouthed/hush-toned man we saw him play as Narim, perhaps a saving grace as he'll 'seem' different enough (we'll see just how good an actor he is, I guess!)

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        Hammond -> http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1...s/108_10.shtml

I don't really have much of a problem with Garwin being back. I mean, how many times has Dion Johnstone been in SG-1? Twice without makeup!

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Garwin was the best actor for the part?! For God sake, David Hewlett was going to be playing Dr. Ingram until they started filming!!!

And Narim was in 3 episodes, the same as Lt. Elliot...
                        I am sure he is a very good actor, but this argument is not about that. His appearence in this episode is nearly identical to his role as Narim, who is already a VERY recognizable character in the series. Unfortuntly, I don't think he should be acting in the SG universe without makeup unless it is as Narim. I am very skeptical about the episode... first he played Sam's love interest and then again with Dr. Wier? Imagination can only go so far...

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          Not the same thing. His "unmasked" characters were both one-offs, and with the ones with the heavy makeup you can't really tell that it's him unless you look for it. Narim was in several episodes, at one point without even a "previously-on" because it was expected that the audience would remember him!
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

on the Pic of Weir and Hammond.. does anyone else notice Weirs look of shock? She seems confused as to why Hammond is there, when she knows hes not in charge of the SGC directly anymore.

Comment

yeah, its that shocked-look and the incongruity of Hammond back at the SGC, coupled with a few other 'shocked' looks in the pics and that hint about "all is not what it seems" that makes me think this is gonna be a dream-sequence or holo-something episode, or maybe another attempt at mind-control, etc.

Is it just me, or do other people get tired of episodes where actors are playing not their characters, but "mental projections" of something inside one person's head. There's no dramatic weight to these performances, when you know its not "them". I'm thinking of some Star Treks, I guess, but Changeling was one (though it was a good one since Daniel 'really was' there) and Grace, and I think a couple others. At least Stargate does them well (usually).

Comment

"all is not what it seems"..."all is not what it seems"..."all is not what it seems"... Well, it never is, right? I'll withold judgement on the story...

Since I don't watch much episodic television, seeing "Narim" again is a little bit of a shocker if he isn't really "Narim". OTOH, he's in SGA, not SG1. The theory is that SGA is going to pick up some new viewers who haven't necessarily seen the earlier seasons of SG1 (although with it taking up 16 hours of prime time programming on SciFi, I can't see how one could miss it! ) I have seen some of Garwin Sanford's other work and he is a fine actor and I'm glad to see him again.

I do remember Dana Elcar's appearance in the pilot episode of MacGyver was a totally different character (and a main one at that) than the character of Pete, who developed later in Season 1 and continued as a permanent and pivotal cast member until the end of the show. I guess the idea there is that 1) not as many people saw the pilot as eventually tuned into the series and 2) MacGyver didn't have the internet for fans to discuss, in detail, a given character and essentially keep them "alive" long after they've gone.

Anyway, that's just how I feel about it. What do you think?
                                Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                                O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                                - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                                - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                                once done, cannot be undone...
                                brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Working...
                                X