X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd
    Erik
    Kenny
    And the male Wraith Commander from The Rising.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Todd pwns every Wraith.

It's a known fact.

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
      Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
      Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Todd hands down
        sigpic

Comment

You know I love Todd but, I do miss Steve. I know James Lafazanos who played Steve and several Wraiths won't be coming back but, he did gave them a sense of sensuality and elegance.

LS

Comment

Steve without a doubt I admire his calm regal dignity and his noble maturity in the face of being taunted, experimented on and starved . How many of us would stood up to such opposition and acted with such grace in such terrible conditions and imprisonment. He has thousands and thousands of years of being his own master and then he taken shot abused starved and treated like an animal.

To me he is a real prince and I truly admire him i wished we could have back with us again somehowbecause i really miss Steve
            Well kick an ancient up the backside because the only good thing ever to come out of an ancient is Life Force- May the Life Force be with you

Comment

todd
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Steve indeed had a very regal presence almost Princely. Ah, Prince Steve of the Wraith. Sigh, Prince Steve and Prince Nuada in all their pale royalty and loveliness. A Wraith and an Elf. One on each of my arms sashaying down the promenade on Atlantis. Sigh again Humans are so boring.

LS

Comment

It's gotta be Todd, he's the man. Sure he will suck the very life outta ya if you p*ss him off but I'm sure he's a laugh to be around.

Ooh, I know, a DVD extra scene, Todd and the Atlantis gang watching American football drinking beer and telling jokes. That would be so weird.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidSky View Post
                    Steve indeed had a very regal presence almost Princely. Ah, Prince Steve of the Wraith. Sigh, Prince Steve and Prince Nuada in all their pale royalty and loveliness. A Wraith and an Elf. One on each of my arms sashaying down the promenade on Atlantis. Sigh again Humans are so boring.

LS
                    Yeah, see - that's why I have trouble letting go of Steve, even though I love Todd to pieces. Steve WAS a prince - he WAS royalty. It is a style that has been lost among Wraith, and we can explain it away as being the result of civil war and starvation and stress. Steve, perhaps, reflected Wraith at the height of their power, when no one dared challenged them. He was beautiful in every way...perfection.

Other actors have given their own twists to the Wraith - I DO like the kinda goth-rockers the newer ones have turned into, and - of course - wise old Todd (who is still the most vicious Wraith we really have ever seen).

Todd and Steve, I love them both for very different reasons, and I don't think you can even begin to compare the two. One is vicious and cunning, the other elegant and beautiful. Love 'em both, with Todd having a slight edge over Steve because, well...'cause he's still alive.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                      Steve WAS a prince - he WAS royalty. It is a style that has been lost among Wraith, and we can explain it away as being the result of civil war and starvation and stress. Steve, perhaps, reflected Wraith at the height of their power, when no one dared challenged them. He was beautiful in every ay...perfection.
                      The 'Allies' scientist and the food loving Wraith from 'Condemned' had the same kind of elegance and style.

WRAITH: ... It has been so long since we have fought a real battle.

This suggests to me that the scientist had personal experience of real battles during the Lantean war.

If Wraith had to hibernate a lot because of depleted food supplies after the war it's unlikely that the Queens would have produced more masked soldiers and faced males once the Lanteans had gone. Maybe Steve was born (whatever that means in faced male terms) towards the end of the war when the Lanteans were being continually pushed back to their last stand in Atlantis. The Travellers indicate that some Pegasus humans had been technologically advanced too at the time and the Wraith defeated them as well. The Allies scientist and 'Condemned' Commander could also have been born during the latter part of the war.

Civil war, starvation and stress seem to have had a worse psychological affect on the males, though, because we've never seen a scruffy Queen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Its a shame he got killed off. It would have been awesome to see him again.
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                          The 'Allies' scientist and the food loving Wraith from 'Condemned' had the same kind of elegance and style.

WRAITH: ... It has been so long since we have fought a real battle.

This suggests to me that the scientist had personal experience of real battles during the Lantean war.

If Wraith had to hibernate a lot because of depleted food supplies after the war it's unlikely that the Queens would have produced more masked soldiers and faced males once the Lanteans had gone. Maybe Steve was born (whatever that means in faced male terms) towards the end of the war when the Lanteans were being continually pushed back to their last stand in Atlantis. The Travellers indicate that some Pegasus humans had been technologically advanced too at the time and the Wraith defeated them as well. The Allies scientist and 'Condemned' Commander could also have been born during the latter part of the war.

Civil war, starvation and stress seem to have had a worse psychological affect on the males, though, because we've never seen a scruffy Queen.
                          That's because Queens sit on their arses all day, ordering those poor males around like slaves. No wonder their hair is all messy now!!

Poor fings.

You make sense - the early Wraith we saw probably lived a more pampered life, with little to threaten or challenge them, except new hair styles. But the Wraith we see now are experiencing the pressure of war, the stress of trying to survive amid threats of poisonings, betrayals, and starvation.

I really feel bad for these guys. They are such beautiful creatures, facing such a bleak future. *sniffle*

das
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                            Its a shame he got killed off. It would have been awesome to see him again.
                            I wish we could have seen the 'Allies' scientist again too. His exasperation with Carson and Zelenka gave me the impression that he was the Wraith's equivalent of Rodney in some ways.

We can still think of the 'Condemned' Commander as being alive somewhere, though.

Spoiler:
                            Maybe a lot of the Wraith will take the treatment. If so, he could be one of them. Perhaps he'll have a future as the first Wraith chef.

Originally posted by dasNdanger
                            That's because Queens sit on their arses all day, ordering those poor males around like slaves. No wonder their hair is all messy now!!
                            Maybe immaculate Queens help to boost the hives' moral. Life might be tough but as long as the Queen still has the presence of mind and self control to brush her hair things haven't hit rock bottom.
                            Last edited by ciannwn; 28 October 2008, 08:00 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

One thing I've always wondered is why there's not much variation in Wraith hair in general. You can have long hair or you can be bald, there's no middle ground, except for maybe the last man queen and of course Michael.

Now out of story we know it's because they recycle wigs and this is the decided on Wraith "look" but in story is it cultural, religious, just the preffered aesthetic? It's certainly not practical. The shaved heads are but not the far more common long hair styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                                One thing I've always wondered is why there's not much variation in Wraith hair in general. You can have long hair or you can be bald, there's no middle ground, except for maybe the last man queen and of course Michael.

Now out of story we know it's because they recycle wigs and this is the decided on Wraith "look" but in story is it cultural, religious, just the preffered aesthetic? It's certainly not practical. The shaved heads are but not the far more common long hair styles.
                                It could be just fashion. After all, since when did fashion have to be practical? I'm more intrigued by the facial hair. Steve spent two weeks in that cell but he never started growing extra unless he had a razor up his sleeve. Wraith have different patterns of facial hair so maybe they're stuck with wherever it happens to grow on the individual unless they never manage to grow any at all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X