This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin
    I have to say that Beckett is my favorite character on Atlantis. He's cute and his accent is to die for! I love his humor and the fact that he's one of the few that can use the Ancient technology. I was worried that he wasn't going to be in very many episodes, but so far he has been!!! I hope he's in every ep because I love the character and can't wait to see how he grows as a character.

Anybody know of any Paul McGillion websites??? Also, where can I get pics of him in the eps?
    He's a recurring character, just not one of the main leads.

http://www.new-atlantis.net/ has lots of screen captures, including shots with Beckett.
    To Infinity And Beyond!

O'Neill: "Do we know this... shrub?"

Comment

Becket, is along with Grodin and Halling a recurring character that pops up in every episode (at least for now)

I think after Suspicion, we may not see Halling make a cameo in every episode anymore.

Dr. Zelenka is also a recurring character, he will also return next week, and also appear in "the storm"

Comment

According to the unbelivably gorgeous and terribly charming Paul McGillion at SG8, becket ends up in about 17/18 episodes of this season. As far as I'm concerned, the more the better. I loved him in poisioning the well, he's now my favourite character. And as anyone who has met him in the past couple of weeks can testify, Paul McGillion is a wonderful, charming, funny, approachable, friendly sex god!!! (Those eyes!!! Those dimples!!!!And it's him we have to thank for Becket being Scottish)). I think him and Mckay have such a great banter going when they work together. I'm going to write to the Atlantis producers and suggest that Becket and Paul should be part of the regular cast, not just a recurring character.
        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

And, oh yes, as Paul McGillion told every female questioner at SG8..he's single!!!!
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Ok, I have spoilers, so this is EXTREMELY spoilerific. It's about "The Eye", so don't read it if you don't want to know why I think Beckett might become a much larger character in the future.

SPOILERS
            Spoiler:
            Beckett gets to pilot the PJ in The Eye, he gets to wield a P90, and we now know that he has a really big mouth. Ford and Sheppard keep warning him to shut up when they're trying to infiltrate Atlantis. What's more, he became the lower-level equivalent of McKay in that episode, too. He seems to know the layout and science of quite a few things other than Medical, so he might become more than just a frequently recurring character.

Now, for those who want to read a spoiler-less post: Beckett now has MORE cast photos. That might suggest that he's going to be sticking around for a while... Maybe to the point of being credited. That would be cool. (I like Beckett simply because he has a Scottish accent)
            Last edited by Gothann; 09 November 2004, 04:40 AM.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble Gothan, but that's meant to be a scottish accent. Beckett is meant to be from Scotland, and is why he's wearing a Scottish flag on his uniform.

I was like you - I liked his accent because it sounded just like the actor James Nesbitt (who as it turns out is Irish).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                I hate to burst your bubble Gothan, but that's meant to be a scottish accent. Beckett is meant to be from Scotland, and is why he's wearing a Scottish flag on his uniform.

I was like you - I liked his accent because it sounded just like the actor James Nesbitt (who as it turns out is Irish).
                Whoops, I was watching Jay Lenno's guest talking about his Irish wife, I knew he's portraying a scottish accent.. ^_^

I'll switch around my wording in the other post, too.

And I think that Beckett's relationship with the other characters might grow deeper as the episodes go on. (I mean, Sheppard referred to Beckett as "Dr. McKoy". That's GOT to mean something) That might turn him into the equivalent of Dr. Fraiser, but that might also make him much more interesting than that. The character himself was introduced as a recurring character this early in the series, so that might mean he'll upgrade sometime later.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                X