Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They probably thought it was suicide... After all, the Ancients who took that ship there, were defeated.

So why return? They sunk the city and know it is 'safe' from the Wraith. They created life all over the place.

Comment

I think they had two choices... create a new life in a more safe galaxy, even if it wasn't developed that much, or go back and maybe loose a second chance bc the Wraith would have defeated them!

Comment

maybe they didn't want to go back (im talking about the ones who didn't accend) its possible they like there new life better than the life they had on Atlantis.
        My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
          but does that mean they cured the virus while in PG?
          maybe that has something to do with the virus in hot zone. The virus was a sort of anti-virus that was supposed to terrorise people with the plague (or without it) away then clean out the virus or kill them (if they are not ancient). A pretty far-fetched theory but plausible

Comment

It would be way too risky, for all the ancients know the wraith might be running Atlantis by managing to break in some how or still might have a hive ship near by.
            sigpic

Comment

I kinda wonder why the Ancients didn't gate to Ida and rebuild their civilization in friendly territory rather then giving up and just dieing out/acending.
              sigpic
              I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
              'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
              'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by vonbismarck
                I am sure there is probably already a thread about this but I am too lazy to search. After sinking the city and leaving through the gate, how come no one ever decided to go back? They were obviously around for a long time if Merlin was one. So why not go back, I would think they would no that over time the wraith would not still be sitting around the planet.
                Not enough power?

Comment

when the ancients went back to earth where their humans there, humans who desended from the ancients who were left on earth.

Comment

The Ancients never came back to Atlantis because they left because they could see no way to win the war. They could have stayed in Atlantis with a stalemate for an indefinate amount of time. Instead they choose to return to earth and start over maybe. From there I think that the rest ascended, others choose to interbreed with humans or scatter across the milkway, in the end, they all died out too or ascended, so there were no Ancients left to go back to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
                      Not enough power?

that's probably the main reason none of them attempted to go back.

The zpm in the outpost was probably already dead when they returned.

Comment

Working...
                      X