Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I read was the inner track doesn't spin physically, but it forms a track made of light, and that is what spins, and because it's made of light, it spins faster than the SGC gate which has a physical inner track.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Gate
      What I read was the inner track doesn't spin physically, but it forms a track made of light, and that is what spins, and because it's made of light, it spins faster than the SGC gate which has a physical inner track.
      This is the new gate, New and improved gate, mind you. Instead of actually rotating the gate, It's a series of lights that have been programmed in by a model shop...........You can actually wiggle the Stargate. It's a problem for us now that we have to figure out. We have to spray it with some kind of anti-wiggling stuff I guess.
      This is a quote from the dvd preview. Interpret it however you want to. For me it seems like it will not rotate, but rather the "light", and not the entire track, will rotate just like in the screensaver. The fact that it wiggles, shows that it's not sturdy enough to have a physically moving inner ring, so if the entire track(in light) rotates they would need to do it in CG. If it was done in CG, then they wouldn't need a model shop to program the lights.

The fact that it wiggles also shows they just don't build Stargate's like they used to
      My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

has anyone got to the link in awhile because it says for me web page not found.
        can someone post the link again?

Comment

Working...
        X