Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

::gets an idea:: Think they'd stand up in my MP3 Player?
    sigpic

Comment

You really think that would work? hehe
      __

__

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty weird. Maybe they need to be "recharged" somehow, but you don't actually need any power source to recharge it. Like you flick a switch and it draws energy. SGA needs to simply find out how to operate the things.

Of course, why didn't O'Neill just recharge the Antartic Outpost's ZPM? Ummm, maybe that was battle-damaged, disabled on purpose to prevent humans or Goa'uld using the tech (I like this theory) or something. Yeah, the Ancients disabled the ZPM way back when just incase a Goa'uld found it because it would give him a significant advantage, and if humans found it they'd probably end up esplodin' the planet because they wouldn't be ready. When humans aere ready, they'd know what a ZPM is and where to get it, so at THAT point they'd be able to use the outpost. O'Neill disabled the 2nd ZPM to stop the NID or any other neferious Earth org from using the outpost to take over the world or whatnot.

There's my 2 cents USD.
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Maybe it can only be used once and it has to be recharged by someone or even a Ancient if they know it is in the correct hands. Or perhaps the same person has to do the dutys of recovering it
          __

__

Comment

I read somewhere that while ZP energy never runs out, according to current science any ZP engine would of necessity only work once. No idea why, I didn't grok that much of the science.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I'm crossing my fingers that the writers will give us a reasonable explanation why theres enough power left in it for a dial out to Atlantis but then thats it??

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                I read somewhere that while ZP energy never runs out, according to current science any ZP engine would of necessity only work once. No idea why, I didn't grok that much of the science.

You need an inital powersource to start it up and manage the fields keeping the energy in, but when it's online it can power that itself, so then another powersource isn't required.

Comment

Originally posted by tfalls1
                  I'm crossing my fingers that the writers will give us a reasonable explanation why theres enough power left in it for a dial out to Atlantis but then thats it??
                  Idea? Maybe the missing power core for the weapon in "Ascention" was ZP based. It was post-ascended ancient tech. Sam was able to rig a naquada generator to overload and provide a power burst. Maybe that's enough energy to dial out with 8 chevrons.
                  sigpic

Comment

If you goto the Scifi.com/atlantis site and look in the pictures there is a sketch of the ZPM from lost city mounted into a voltage switch and jury rigged to provide power for the dial out ( i assume) ---

Comment

Yes, it's simular to the one they used in Lost City
                      __

__

Comment

Working...
                      X