This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarshAngel
    The Milky way is significantly larger than Pegasus. As you say, we aren't culled every fifty years. However my opinion still stands. There may be billions in the Pegasus ( not 100s or thousands of billions) as I said a few thousand to million per planet . There are less planets however, even if they are in the hundreds or a thousand of them.
    If you take Teyla's people for example they settle close to the gate and travel;The genii manage to hide portions of their population, hard to do with a large population. if similar behavior holds for other planets, and they go through war like Ronon's peeps, periodic cullings, disease, natural disasters etc. there really shouldn't be too many people. If there were 2 million people per planet on a thousand planets, that would still only amount to 2 billion people.

Furthermore, we have no reason to believe the Wraith got information about the entire Milky Way from Sumner. He and She specifically refer to earth and Earth alone. Anything else is speculation... unless I missed something.

That being said. If there were hundreds of billions of people in the pegasus, the Wraith wouldn't have much to worry about. All they'd have to do is cull down to the minimum needed for future growth (around 6,000 per planet?) and go back into hibernation for another 10,000 years. If we take away their meals they're going to be forced to do something drastic like a galactic wide suicide plan to take us and them out in one shot. Or develop hyperdrive and get to earth. Neither would be good for us.

I think one of our best options is Beckett's retrovirus if it works. Human wraith would be much easier to kill.
    Basically we have no way of know how many people their are in Pegasus. I don't expect any planet in Pegasus to have anywhere as many people as on earth but there are literally 1000's of worlds with stargates in that galaxy.

Some advanced civilisations do exist out there like the Ollesians have survived how do we know that the city in Condemed was the only city on the planet and of course modern earth cities have cities with populations in the millions but a city isn't self contained it needs raw resources so people must live in the countryside
    sigpic

Comment

Hack off the right hand of any wraith sga team encounter. This will send a
      message not to mess with the Tauri.

Comment

Even if there's a huge number of ppl in the PG, far bigger than ever imagined, there could be a far bigger population of wraith than ever imagined too, which seems like the reason the ancients lost the war. In the seige part 3 they just kept coming and there's 60 ships in a small section of the galaxy alone. I don't think there's any way all the ppl could be shipped to earth bit by bit by a ship the size of a wraith cuirser, it's better to concentrate on getting rid of the wraith.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
          Basically we have no way of know how many people their are in Pegasus. I don't expect any planet in Pegasus to have anywhere as many people as on earth but there are literally 1000's of worlds with stargates in that galaxy.

Some advanced civilisations do exist out there like the Ollesians have survived how do we know that the city in Condemed was the only city on the planet and of course modern earth cities have cities with populations in the millions but a city isn't self contained it needs raw resources so people must live in the countryside
          Despite my doubting that there are thousands (as opposed to around 1,000 +/- a few) of inhabited worlds in Pegasus, you are right; Moving the populations is impossible.

What would be nice is if we could alter all the humans in the galaxy all at once so they're inedible to the Wraith. Of course, said populations would then be eliminated but.... you know getting rid of the damn bugs are much harder than it seems. There's always a down side.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            Despite my doubting that there are thousands (as opposed to around 1,000 +/- a few) of inhabited worlds in Pegasus, you are right; Moving the populations is impossible.

What would be nice is if we could alter all the humans in the galaxy all at once so they're inedible to the Wraith. Of course, said populations would then be eliminated but.... you know getting rid of the damn bugs are much harder than it seems. There's always a down side.
            Interesting idea, maybe a weapon like the 1 at Dakara (must be 1 like that in the PG) might be able to do that and not kill ppl doing so, but that's probably really far fatched. Actually the device possibly could destroy the wraith and only them like it destroyed all the repicators but left eveything else alone if adjusted right.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
              Thx, I would give you more green but have to spread more rep around first.
              np
              The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
              X