Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Shields. Why or Why not. And lots of What ifs.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Shields. Why or Why not. And lots of What ifs.

First off I haven't been on GW for most of the summer and I bet there are alot of threads on this but ok whatever. First off tell me if martin gero or someone said if they do or don't have shields. But rite now it seems inconclusive. We have fought them under suprise situations. IE the satalite that was "dead." Exiting hyperspace, and so on. The Deddy seems to have crap for weapons. Rail guns have no real purpose besides anti fighter. And missles get shot down. So the beam is their only real weapon and they are beaming inside the wraith ships. Maybe what stopped the beam wasn't the virus or w/e but shields that were activated. <Speculation. Who knows but it seems inconclusive and without the search I can't find if Mr.Gero or someone confirmed if they had shields or not. What do you think? And how about some what ifs?

1) Visual and dialog evidance from the episodes shown so far gives no traces of wraith shields at all.
    2) JM said that the PJ shield activated by the wraith in The Defiant One are of wraith origin, however, i think that he just remembered incorrectly, since, see point 1.

Comment

Joe did say in the ask joe thread that the shield from the defiant one was of wraith design
      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

I thought he manipulated the cloak into a shield so when cloak was enabled it turned on a shield. I don't think the wriath have any shields, well at least not advanced ones as that supply ship in The defiant one would have known about that satelite being online still.

Comment

I'd say that the wraith have some soft of shielding technology even if we haven't seen it on screen yet. I mean a race with "abilities that rivaled our own" manages to develop hyperdrive, darts, beaming technology, etc....but the shield thing they just never managed to get? It seems unlikely to me. Plus we've already seen that the wraith have some kind of "scientist" class, they should have been able to figure out sheilding tech from any Ancient shield that they happen to come across and studied for long enough.
          Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Yes i just remembered, Wraith have small area shields on the darts. THe cabin has a shield for a window. On duet the dart that is shot down has its shield fail when beckett aproaches it, no window

Comment

Working...
            X