This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acropolis
    if all you have is weapons plat forms how do you expect to go on the offensive? you guys already downed my army theory, they needed a way to attack. maybe the aurora carried a smaller ship like the deadalus does for f 302s
    If I had a fleet of drones and the shielding technology of the Ancients. I would create a warship that had the power of Atlantis's shield and enough drones to do whatever I wanted. Then I'd move around killing everything.

The ancients already have the best scouting vessel ever created. The puddle jumpers posess cloaking technology that the wraith cannot see through.

The dedalus carries fighters because its offensive weapons are limited to missles and railguns. The Asguard do not use fighters at all since they have directed energy weapons.

The drone that we saw in "Rising" was under the control of Dr. Beckett who did not know how to operate the chair platform. A dart is far more manuverable than a helicopter and Sheppard managed to take down a whole bunch of them.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Perhaps for scouting and all that they used modified drones or such. A sudden idea I've had wrting this is some sort of drone tanker that provider hyperspace transport for drones and whatnot
      You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
      And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Condemned spoiler-
        Spoiler:
        PJ's are suprisingly soft considering a low tech weapon managed to knock one out in Condemned

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Exactly. PJ's weren't designed for combat, they were like shuttle-craft in Star Trek, except they went through the gate. Also seen is that they can be modified with Special Tech, like in Mobeius. They were not a full-out combat machine.

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
            Condemned spoiler-
            Spoiler:
            PJ's are suprisingly soft considering a low tech weapon managed to knock one out in Condemned

Don't get me started on at crap that was pulld in condemned.
            A typical case of changing the world physics to make a plot work.
            VERY bad writing.

Comment

I was wondering is they were the actual fighter planes that the ancient used too. They are good at fighting against wraith darts but they really don't look like fighter planes. Maybe ones used for combat will be found on the Aurora as it was a battleship. Not all Atlantis rose above the ocean, so there might be more under the sea still. In the rising Shep was using the PJ effectively when fighting the wraith darts but I heard that a drone did nothing to a wraith cruiser in comdemned (haven't seen it yet) but then wraith darts do seem to be easily taken out and they are definitly fighter planes. Hopefully future eps will answer that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                I was wondering is they were the actual fighter planes that the ancient used too. They are good at fighting against wraith darts but they really don't look like fighter planes. Maybe ones used for combat will be found on the Aurora as it was a battleship. Not all Atlantis rose above the ocean, so there might be more under the sea still. In the rising Shep was using the PJ effectively when fighting the wraith darts but I heard that a drone did nothing to a wraith cruiser in comdemned (haven't seen it yet) but then wraith darts do seem to be easily taken out and they are definitly fighter planes. Hopefully future eps will answer that.
                Yea speaking of not all of Atlantis rising. It appears there is some kind of spire that decends down from the middle of the city in to the ocean. In the past few episodes where there is a scematic of the city displayed you can see it.
                Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson
                  Yeh, but u can scout an area with fighters, plus they can be used as bait. Drones can replace them in combat, not everwhere though. And you can out manovour drones in a helicopter (rising Part 1 Major Sheppard)
                  Don't forget that Drone Sheppard outmaneuvered was being guided by Beckett who had no idea what to do and was actually trying to stop the drone. Under the guidance of an ancient or even Sheppard that drone would have sliced that helicopter with little effort.

Comment

I don't really think the Ancients have a use for fighter ships as i previously stated. Think about it. Everything a fighter ship would do, is already done by something else, and done better. Destroying other fighters and various starships? Drones do that. Scout? Probes or Jumpers do that. Serve as a swarming screen during large scale engagements? Again, drones do that.

As for going on the offensive, what could be more brutally offensive than an ancient starship spewing out a cloud of drones?? If the Ancients developed fighters it would be a big mistake, their resources would be better spent elsewhere. (more drones, more starships, more zpms). Ancient fighters would be redundant, and a waste.

As a final thought, think about WHY they call the "glowy jellyfish of doom" a DRONE, and not an Ancient missle, or torpedo.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                      Yea speaking of not all of Atlantis rising. It appears there is some kind of spire that decends down from the middle of the city in to the ocean. In the past few episodes where there is a scematic of the city displayed you can see it.
                      I was thinking that the scematic was of the city that survived but I don't know. In the rising it showed parts of the city or the shield above it collapsing in the ocean.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
                        As a final thought, think about WHY they call the "glowy jellyfish of doom" a DRONE, and not an Ancient missle, or torpedo.
                        I usually call it a "glowing sperm of death," but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by HereticKnight
                          I usually call it a "glowing sperm of death," but that's just me.
                          ..................................Is that even appropriate for this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Indum'kra
                            ..................................Is that even appropriate for this forum?
                            lol...lightin up he was only joking.
                            theres nothing wrong mentioning sperm, except when mentioned in a bad way
                            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                            X