Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you suggesting that after the first ep they should make the wraith a NICE enemy?

What's you're opinion of how it should go? (Let it out Shadow -- I've got Enya playing and I'm tired )
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

"Nice enemy." Bah. I just don't think the Big Bad should be anything as stereotypical as a bunch of vampires. Granted, puppetmasters like the Goa'uld aren't a fair sight better, but... I dunno, I've just always really hated the concept of vampires. They seem so DULL. I'm much more of a werewolf person.

Back on topic, though, I still don't understand why a "darker" show would be such a bad thing-- IF the writers chose to take Altantis down that path. Dark can make for good drama, good plotting, good character development, LOADS of angst... Besides, as I already said, SG-1 manages to leaven the darkness with lighter moments, so I have no doubts that Atlantis will follow do the same.

Comment

Dark isn't necessarily a bad thing as much as it is a good thing. I think too that it can be used to produce some interesting storylines. I'm all excited for this new show, dark or not.

As far as the big baddy, a lot of it has already been done over the years of television. As soon as you'd take the time to create the ultimate bad guy, someone else would already be trying to make a carbon copy.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          There have been, what? A couple of commercials? You can't possibly get any idea of what the tone of an entire series is going to be like based on a couple of commercials. It's all in the editing. Hell, you could make the ep URGO look sinister if you wanted to. Other Guys? Full of deadly peril. Window of Opportunity? Try Window of DOOM. Heck, did any of you even see the commercials for Heroes that aired on SCIFI? They were deliberately misleading and not a tad melodramatic.

I think I'd rather wait and actually watch a few eps before I decide that its going to be "dark and heavy"... and keep in mind that SG-1 wasn't exactly full of rainbows and kittens right at the start. In fact, I don't think there's much rainbows-and-kittens about SG-1 in general.
          Well there was a threat before, and some ppl including me agreed that ATL is goin to be creepy/spocky beacuse of the Wraith

Comment

It will also be creepy because we don't really know what's out there. It's a completly new galaxy. Atleast in the Milky Way we know the general structure of things.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
              It will also be creepy because we don't really know what's out there. It's a completly new galaxy. Atleast in the Milky Way we know the general structure of things.
              I'm guessing this new galaxy will have... trees. Lots and lots of trees. Dunno what you mean by "structure" of things, but I have a feeling all life encountered will be based on right-hand nucleotides and that buildings and people and whatnot will be pretty much what we've seen on SG-1. Guess it depends on HOW different they wanna make things. Different atmosphere, same adventure. That's my guess.

Comment

Maybe the Atlantis trailers are like ink blots. But instead of seeing a butterfly or bat you will see if the show is "heavy" or light-hearted.

Comment

Working...
                X