This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dex=Worf?

Is Ronan Dex going to be like Worf on Next Gen? Just a big tough guy who stands there and looks menacing and occasionaly pummels the crap out of someone?

What's he do? Does he have a purpose?

Originally posted by babaganoosh
    Is Ronan Dex going to be like Worf on Next Gen? Just a big tough guy who stands there and looks menacing and occasionaly pummels the crap out of someone?

Worf was always getting his butt wooped up on. Dex is a tall wolverine, he even has cool healing abilities and gloves with little claw things on them.
    Also Dex is a little more sneaky then Worf, is a little less hygenic then Worf and has food issues that I never noticed worf having (well except the brun juice thing).

I would say Dex is more of a Teal'c - big quite tough guy that can give you insight into the local bad guys.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Does this thread have a purpose, other than an another excuse to bash the character of Ronon Dex? Dex=Dex, period.

Also, I don't believe this thread belongs on Characters, but if anywhere, on Atlantis 2nd season.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Does this thread have a purpose, other than an another excuse to bash the character of Ronon Dex? Dex=Dex, period.

Also, I don't believe this thread belongs on Characters, but if anywhere, on Atlantis 2nd season.
        What is bashing Dex? Worf was a good character. Wolverine is a Great character and Teal'c is an awesome character. Who is dex? What his his purpose on the show? Is he just a Chewabacca or is he soo much more? I think this is a great thread and it is about a character (that I like) so why wouldnt it be in the Characters forum. This is the "characters AND relationships" forum not just relationships.... although this could be merged into the Dex appreciation thread and probably will be so you do have a point there.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida

No, no. Nothing like that. Well, kinda in all honesty. Granted, he's only been on for 5 episodes so far but he doesn't do anything except look tough. I'm just waiting on the time when he actually contributes in some meaningful way to the Atlantis expedition.

Comment

Worf had strong moral rules and he was tied to them, in that sense reminds me Tealc, who also has strong rules from his culture. Both have difficulties to get human jokes.

Dex is not tied to this kind of rules, I could not imagine Worf killing a man unarmed, he'd rather gave him a weapon in order they fight to death.

Ronon Dex is a survivor, seems to be crafty and does have a sense of humour. Still, I preffered Lt. Aiden Ford.

Sabre

Comment

I think he's more like Linc from 'The Mod Squad'.

Comment

I agree with Sabre, Worf is much more of a principled character than Dex, frankly I find the comparison akin to adolescent vs. adult. Worf's sense of honor and integrity make him a different charaacter.

I too preferred Lt. Ford, and hope he returns...but Dex can add to the team, more in an Andromeda Nietzscheian sort of way.
                sigpic

Comment

The two are uncomparable
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Worf was my fav on STNG...
                    To be fair to all characters on STNG, SG-1 and Atlantis...none of them are alike. They all come from different places, have different agendas, and think differently...they are their own person, with their own past and dealing with life as they choose to in the moment. Each with their good and bad sides.
                    Purple's Biggest Fan
                    A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Dex reminds me of Teir from the first 3 1/2 seasons of Andromeda. Same body type and build, and even some of the same character traits.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                        The two are uncomparable

Worf - big, dark scary looking fellow with next to no intellect other than how to pummel someone. Just kinda stood around looking intimidating. He brought nothing real and substantial to the show except a window into Klingon culture.

Dex - Big, dark (dirty?), fellow with no discern able intellect other than how to intimidate and pound the crap out of people. So far, all he's shown about his people is that they are great, fast, relentless fighters.

Comment

Worf - big, dark scary looking fellow with next to no intellect other than how to pummel someone. Just kinda stood around looking intimidating. He brought nothing real and substantial to the show except a window into Klingon culture.

Dex - Big, dark (dirty?), fellow with no discern able intellect other than how to intimidate and pound the crap out of people. So far, all he's shown about his people is that they are great, fast, relentless fighters.
                          Dex - Tall, imposing, handsome man, possessing both intellect and cunning. He is also a master of martial arts and weaponary. He has exhibited both sensitivity to the percieved pain of others and has experienced great loss himself and has suffered both physical and emotional trauma, yet his resilience has allowed him not only to continue functioning, but to continue fighting, for "justice".

Worf - Tall, imposing Klingon, also possessing intelligence and cunning, and knowledge of Klingon martial arts and weaponary. His psychological background varies from that of Dex, despite both having suffered great loss in their lives. As this is not really the place to discuss Star Trek, I will leave it at that.

Are we watching the same shows? I think not.
                          On fighting:

Comment

why do people do this to me?

Y'awl kinda gang up on me when my opinions don't jive with your's.

Comment

why do people do this to me?

Y'awl kinda gang up on me when my opinions don't jive with your's.
                              baba, no one is ganging up on anyone. We're simply expressing our opinions, as you have expressed yours. That we don't agree, that's fine. You are entitled to see what you want to see and have whatever opinions you like, and you can express them openly here, as long as you don't go "over the line" from character to actor.
                              On fighting:

Comment

Working...
                              X