Doctor Weir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Weir

Recently, I've heard discussions about a Stargate Reboot, which in my opinion is a bad idea. Personally, I favor stories that go forward without recasting or rebooting, but I understand these things are unavoidable sometimes. Officially, the fate of Doctor Weir was never resolved, aside from books titled Stargate: Legacy. It would be awesome to see Weir's fate resolved in a new televised continuation! Also, I would like to see a continuation of Stargate that includes characters such as Aris Boch, a good Reetou, the aquatic character from Fire & Water, the character from Fifth Man, a Furling, and Weir fighting together against the Pegasus replicators as earth's new SG Team. Lastly, it would be wasteful to see a Stargate reboot that disregards what was already shown to provide new content filled with boring human drama, boring convention weapons use, and a big ring that will surprise no one who has followed this story.​

I agree that they would need to build off previous content instead of ignoring it. I love your concept! All of those characters/races could do with the development that new screen time would offer, and I think putting more aliens on SG teams is always a good idea.

Comment

I just finished watching all 100 episodes of Atlantis and the end was, well, rather disappointing: essentially the finale of SGA recycled the story arc or season 1 of SG1. I won't spell it out in case someone who hasn't seen both reads this. My point is that continuing (as opposed to rebooting) is no guarantee of goodness. Hopefully no one will come out with Stargate Redux.... The "redux" version of Starhunter 2300 left all the camp, charm, and humour from the original on the cutting room floor.

Comment

Agreed. I'm not into reboots usually and I think there was something different about Stargate in general and Atlantis in particular that a reboot would be a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
        X