Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Hewlett should get an award (Possible spoilers for Duet)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I to was amazed it was incredible.
    Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I have to say.. I am a huge fan of Dvid Hewlett and .. he was so funny and did such an amazing job in this episode. I have a huge collection of his movies and.. he always gets better and better. My mother, who isn't much of a fan of Atlantis, watched it to waste time and fell in love with McKay and David. Good job David if your reading this. Your the best! Keep up the great work!
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      MCKAY: But, why wait? Why does this guy show up a day and a half after this all starts to do his whole "Prepare to meet your doom" thing?

SAM: I don't know. Maybe he wanted to make sure it was gonna work.

MCKAY: Yeah, that WOULD be embarrasing, wouldn't it? -- "Nothing can stop the destruction That I bring upon you!" Then the gate shuts down. "Oops, sorry. Nevermind ..."

~ Never turn your back on tomorrow.. Yesterdays ok though ~

Adopt your favorite SG-1 or Atlantis character here

Comment

Originally posted by GeekPride
        I thought it was really interesting that David could mimick a woman so well....very, very, interesting indeed. hmmmmmmm
        I don't know...I think it was a little too parodic sometimes, just to stereotypical female mannerisms. It was too 'girly'. Look at Cadman at the beginning when they're offworld and David acting as Cadman... Yeah, he was pretty good but very close to the limit of stereotyping women.

I think his best piece of acting was the fight for control in the corridor after the aborted date and the seizure scene
        May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by GeekPride
          Did anyone else see all that spit David spat out when he was venting to the shrink about Cadman high-jacking his body? Hewlett man, say it don't spray it!
          I think that was deliberate, as McKay was going into a seizure.

As for his talent in portraying a woman, I think that must be difficult to do without overdoing it. I think he did it exactly right.

Comment

DH deserves an award - but sad to say the folks who hand out these awards usually look down on all things scifi

As for last nights ep - definite excellence.

Personally, I thought he deserved an award for all of season one - he took a character I initially disliked and found something redeemable in him.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken
              Maybe he'll get a Leo Award. Maybe his role on the show will be expanded even more, which would delight the hordes of McKay fans.
              For the glory of the Horde

DH is my favourite actor on the show, but I don't think they could give him much more to do, he's already exposition man and has second billing (Top billing=name first in credits, second billing = "as char name" credit.) Not to mention all the things TPTB put him through, like hanging him upside down from a tree in a rubber suit ("They call it writing I call it torturing David Hewlett"-DH)

McKays great but couldn't carry the show on his own, I just hope he stays his snarky self, and we get more episodes like Brotherhood, Defiant One, Hide & Seek and Duet
              sigpic

Comment

I wonder if he'll end up with the girl he made out with...

Jerome

Comment

Originally posted by pogiangel
                  I wonder if he'll end up with the girl he made out with...

Jerome
                  maybe he'll end up with cadman

Comment

OMG - DH was FRACKIN awesome woooohoooooo
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

I think he played the role(s) really well. It must have been hard not to laugh on set. It's almost a shame they couldn't carry it on till the next episode-both of them on an away mission would have been a hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                        For the glory of the Horde
                        McKays great but couldn't carry the show on his own, I just hope he stays his snarky self, and we get more episodes like Brotherhood, Defiant One, Hide & Seek and Duet
                        I agree, he has more than enough screen time but of course I wouldn't personlly so no to more. David Hewlett does seem to work hard when on the screen so maybe give the guy a rest for a while.

I also say lets keep him snarky and more Hide & Seek type eps which I still think was his best. I loved "Duet" but for all the wrong reason's. "Six seconds of bliss".

Comment

That was a hilarious episode.... And you are all so right - DH was FANTASTIC!

My face hurts from laughing
                          BSG convert....

Comment

I agree -- he was fantastic in this episode !!
                            !!!THE SUPREME PICTURE HUNTER FOR LABCOAT LOVE ASSOCIATION!!!

All the images in my signatures usually come from HERE
                            How do you like my new signature?

Comment

"Dr. Fumbles McStupid"

ROFL!!!!
                              BSG convert....

Comment

David Hewlett Did an Excellent Job I like the way you guys explain his crazyiness with golleum I also Like When Mckay called Zelenka Doctor Fumbles McStupid I was laughing so hard that I almost fell out of my seat also Was it really necessary for him to kiss Carson That was sick

Comment

Working...
                                X