Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought that it was just speculation? I've not read all the spoilers or reports (trying to stay relatively in the dark), but I thought that they haven't shed any light on to how the humans actually got there.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere.
      sigpic

Comment

Do you have any idea where? I've been looking around but cannot seem to find anything about the origin. Or really anything that says they're human.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

They look human. I think in a press release somewhere online it mentioned that they were human.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.

Comment

From GateWorld:

The inhabitants of the world featured in this episode -- apparently a different world than the one where Atlantis is located, the show's home base -- were once advanced, but when the Wraith attack happened, they where decimated. These are Teyla's people, and they fear to return to the great city their ancestors once inhabited, believing that the Wraith will return. They now live in a primitive state, at least by appearances, but still possess some high-level technology and the knowledge of how to use it. They do not allow themselves to become too advanced, because every few hundred years the Wraith return to "cull their human herd." They believe that if they advance to their previous level, the Wraith will annihilate them completely.

How else did HUMANS get there unless their advanced ancestors were the Ancients, who were human.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              How else did HUMANS get there unless their advanced ancestors were the Ancients, who were human.
              Club 18-30?

It's still speculation that these humans are direct descendents of the Ancients. I admit that the balance of evidence is in favour, but as near as I can make out from the episode spoilers, the Pegasus Galaxy is full to bursting with human and humanoid races of varying degrees of technological development. Are they all descended from the Ancients?

How did humans get there? Humans are the dominant xenoform of the Stargate universe - presumably for budgetary reasons - and have demonstrably evolved at least twice; perhaps independently, perhaps not.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

The Ancients have "seeded" the Pegasus galaxy with humans, according to Brad Wright and Robert Cooper. It was basically a giant "science experiment," which went horribly wrong when the Wraith came along.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

So what's the deal with these so-called superior races dumping humanity all willy nilly over the universe? The Goa'uld, the Ancients... sheesh. Ya think the Ancients at least bothered to ASK if folks wanted to be moved before they hauled them away from everything they knew and dumped them on some alien world billions of lightyears from home?

Comment

I don't think the Ancients abducted people and hauled them around the galaxy, like the Goa'uld. They actually caused human live to evolve on these worlds (is my guess), like the Preservers in Star Trek.

Because they were originally human, it seems to me to be a measure of preserving their kind.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Except that we're not their kind. I mean, if we found a way to 'evolve' pigs into human form and they got as smart as us, do you think we'd be rushing to award them full human rights?

I think I'd see it more as a kind of evolutionary psychological - or possibly even theological - experiment. If the Ancients went to Galaxy X (what we now call the Pegasus galaxy), indigenous intelligent lifeforms nil, and seeded various worlds with a genetic manipulator that would slowly guide evolution towards a humanoid form, would the resultant lifeforms be as inteligent as the Ancients themselves? Would they have the Ancient equivalent of a soul? How would they develop socially under different conditions and with different base species?
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Perhaps that was part of the "science expirement" they were conducting? If you ask me that sounds a little too close to Star Trek for my liking. It would be better off if they were colonies of the Ancients or evolved naturally.

Comment

Darren, you really do have some interesting thoughts
                          __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                            Darren, you really do have some interesting thoughts
                            Thoughts? The creators of the show TOLD HIM that!

Anyway, causing a race to evolve would have problems, natural selection and other differences could cause them to change or not evolve at all... but it makes more sense than humans evolving on all of those planets by accident

Comment

Working...
                            X