This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
    Yeah, the transit period would suck. It's kind of like a 2-week+ cruise, but with none of the fun stuff. I imagine a lot of the passengers got a lot of reading done. Hell, Sheppard probably finished War & Peace.
    Sheppard read? Naaaahhhh... even as a Mensan.

I think his copy of War and Peace was beamed out by a Wraith dart or stolen by a Wraith. Interesting to see Shepperd encounter it on a hive ship.

Comment

I wouldn't be bored. Come on guys, don't think of being on the Daedalus as a chore. You're in space for God sakes. You have room to explorer different parts of the ship you never see on television. Since I'm sarcastic myself, I would love to exchange rude remarks to our lovely Hermoid. For food, I'd bring an endless supply of Quizno's chicken milano to eat each and everyday.

If the Daedalus really existed, I'd probably hack it and gain complete control over the weapons and shoot down Iraqi terrorist.
      sigpic
      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Exploration's fine and dandy, but this is an 18-day trip. That's almost 3 weeks. I don't care how big the Deadalus is, you're bound to see everything there is to see onboard in under 3 weeks, unless you never leave your room.
        Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
        Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
        Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
        Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

I am sure that besides protecting the planet that they will go to earth and back. When they are not going to earth, they would probably travel around the starsystems that are surrounding the planet while keeping an ear out for any hyperspace travel used by the wraith.

Comment

Err, it wouldn't really be any different from serving on a ship at sea... Submarines go up to 3 months at sea without making a port call. It's not boring, its routine

Comment

if oneill was on there.. first thing he bring is tapes of the simpsons and watch it all from season 1 to season 15.. that would last a long time

Comment

I'd be chatting up Colonel Caldwell's shipmate, the lady that is seated to the left of him, she is quite attractive, and with Dr. Weir onboard, I'd be in fantasy heaven, have to learn everything I can from Hermiod. You have to be kidding me, I would be like a sponge, absorbing every bit of knowledge I can, it would only take one solar system, and its planet, to keep me more than happy, become a mad scientist, this is my purple rock, get your own Dr. Mckay.

Comment

Sounds like the deadalus needs to install some holodecks.... we might be looking at some holodeck gone wrong episodes in the near future... *cringes*

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Err, it wouldn't really be any different from serving on a ship at sea... Submarines go up to 3 months at sea without making a port call. It's not boring, its routine
                    My thoughts exactly

Comment

I'd never get bored of the Daedalus, i'd just bring up a laptop with me, load PONG on the computer and play until my dutys are needed again
                      Or I could hi jack the ship with a stolen Zat from the SGC and start blowing parts of the hull up with the rail guns, either ones good

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

They have weekly games going on.

"Hermiod, you are the weakest link"
                        "taehc snamuh nmad eseht!"

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
                          Caldwell probably has drills scheduled to break up the monotony.[emphasis added]
                          Oh, what I could say!
                          Last edited by not so ancient; 29 July 2005, 10:21 AM. Reason: for clarification
                          ~*~*~*~*~*
                          not so ancient

http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style4,...pc-ancient.png
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...thejourney.jpg

PLEASE donate to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Disaster Relief ~ My LJ ~ My Disclaimer ~ A Mitch Pileggi Discussion Group

Comment

How can u be bored when you are with HERMIOD
                            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                            love Torri

Comment

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                                Yeah, the transit period would suck. It's kind of like a 2-week+ cruise, but with none of the fun stuff. I imagine a lot of the passengers got a lot of reading done. Hell, Sheppard probably finished War & Peace.

i thought they'd take a crapload of xbox, ps2 and gamcubes with a lotta games

Comment

Working...
                                X