Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Hermiod help Dr Beckett in some medical area?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cycrow
    we are good friends and allies with the asguard, but that doesn't mean we know about thier tech
    We might not know a lot about thier tech, but they did give us hyperdrives, shields, and help when we needed it. Thats what an alliance is.

Comment

Originally posted by KundiSmack
      I highly doubt Ancients gave cloaking tech to the Nox as theirs is A LOT more advanced then that of the Ancients (as we've seen so far). I bet the Nox gave Ancients their cloaking tech. As most Alliances they did probably share more then just information...
      I'm not sure... I think the Ancients were a 'Jack of All Trades' type of ppl and tried to master everything. They shared the cloaking tech with the Nox and the hyperdrive tech to the Asgard... I don't remember who the Furlings were very well.. but were they the healing ones? or was it the Nox? cuz the Ancients could have shared that too... anyways the Furlings and the Nox and the Asgard weren't trying to master everything but instead, they mastered one thing... the Asgard and the super fast inter-galactic hyperdrive and the Nox and cloaking etc... because the Asgard were mastering their ships and hyperdrive, their reproduction started to fail and as such, they had to start cloning but they weren't masters of cloning so problems occurred.
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Nox cloaks make things phase out physically as well as visually. Ancient cloaks do not. Nox cloaking appears to be something the Nox do without technology. Ancient cloaking is technology-based.

The Nox didn't get their cloaks from the Ancients.

Comment

The Nox are magical
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

icic but you couldn't know..... as I said above, the Ancients could have been the Jack of All Trades but Master of None.... whereas the other races mastered some specific thing... the Ancients probably got the cloaking idea from the Nox or the other way around... the Nox mastering something the Ancients built...
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
              I don't remember who the Furlings were very well.. but were they the healing ones? or was it the Nox? cuz the Ancients could have shared that too... .
              The nox's healing ability was not technological. It was spiritual

Comment

no doubt he could help dr. beckett with all kinds of things, but it is likely that could be considered interfering with our development or something pathetic reason like that.

Comment

Originally posted by sg1 volgman
                  no doubt he could help dr. beckett with all kinds of things, but it is likely that could be considered interfering with our development or something pathetic reason like that.
                  Yeah but the Asgard have helped us lots so far and I don't think they would use the 'Ancient excuse'.
                  sigpic
                  Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Defeating the Goa'uld and the replicators is on our CV

I think we have developed enough
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

The Asgard do know a thing or two about human's simple physiology... no doubt Hermy would be able to heal scraped knees or headaches. I just don't think he will, as that's not why he's on Atlantis.

Comment

To reply to the thread: Yes, H could help Beckett in some medical areas and he probably will.
                        As for the alliance, remember one thing: Ancients created life in the MW and probably they created the alliance. OK, the asgard are not from MW but the Nox are and they really look like humans( shorter, but humans), so I assume they created them too. Now, really how could annyone expect that the Nox gave a multimillion years old race something. They coluld have mastered the clocking thing, but they got it from the Ancients or they discovered it by themselves. In my opinion, if they've told the Ancients only some of the bassicaly ideeas about their cloacking tehnique, not only they could have comprehended them but it would turned out that the Nox knew nothing about cloacking.
                        The Ancients were the greatest race that ever lived as Daniel Jackson, Asgard said and even Replicators recognized it( their knowledge is infinite-new order).

Comment

The cloning idea is a good one, but the asgard still haven't got the proceedure right which is why they have reproductive probelms from what I understand, so that could've affected Everett and Ford. Hermiod is an engineer so that doesn't mean that he'll know a great deal of medical knowledge as the two are separate fields. Saying that you would think that over 1000 years Hermiod would pick some advance medical knowledge. Maybe in future episodes he will help Dr Beckett that way but I'm sure if he knew of an biological weapon that can used against the wraith or a way to reverse the ageing process caused by wraith feeding he would have said something in the seige part 3.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir
                            The cloning idea is a good one, but the asgard still haven't got the proceedure right which is why they have reproductive probelms from what I understand
                            True, but I bet it's easier to clone a human than an Asgard.

Comment

Working...
                            X