Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooo, I think I've figured it out! In order to pay tribute to Hermiod (and to save a fair chunk of money in the sounds department) they've taken the audio track of a Wraith dart and played it backwards!!! Presto! Instant 302 in space effect!

Comment

Speaking of Hermiod, has anyone heard what he said this week in intruder? I can't be bothered ripping the audio then reversing it.

SciFi's are full of things like sound in space.. and for some unknown reason they need to keep their engines on to maintain the same speed.. in the vacuum of space, without hitting anything.. yeah.

Comment

Sound is often a misconception in sci-fi but gives the illusion of action with the battles and flying.

What I do have a problem with is that the F-302 didn't have any sun-visors/blockers.

The panes on the F-302 looks like regular polymer and not tinted in any way.

McKay and Sheppard were so close to the sun, they should've been blind long before they could get near the coronasphere (sp.) unprotected.

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
          The "sound" in space comes from the same place the incidental music comes from. It adds to the visual performance (supposedly), but is not actually heard by the characters themselves, who hear silence.
          True. Sound is a very important part of drama.

Try watching a scary movie with the volume off. The suspense isn't there at all.

Comment

Originally posted by snoops
            Speaking of Hermiod, has anyone heard what he said this week in intruder? I can't be bothered ripping the audio then reversing it.
            All of Hermiod's comments can and will be found in the first post of the Hermiod translations/appreciation thread.

Originally posted by Ohper
            True. Sound is a very important part of drama.

Try watching a scary movie with the volume off. The suspense isn't there at all.
            If you watch the entire movie with the sound off, then yes, it'd be pretty dull because you'd have no idea at all what was happening, especially without the dialogue.

In terms of the action sequences like the axe-wielding maniac chasing the nubile co-ed through the dark and scary woods... I think it'd depend on the situation.

Plus, as someone on this thread already pointed out, you can create a suspenseful tone with the musical score rather than actual sound effects. Would Jaws have been nearly effective if we'd just heard splashing water instead of that duhh DUNH! sound in the background? Probably not.

Comment

Yes, but I'm not talking about scary movies exclusively. The "woosh!!" and the "swish!!" type noises convey a sense of speed to the viewer, especially in space where there's not a lot of reference points to show how fast they're going.

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
                kinda boring if the entire fight scene was silent, but hey looks like the 302s have a energy weapon or a set of rail guns
                I doubt that. It would most likely be a 20mm M61A2 Vulcan gattling cannon (that is pretty much equipped to all US Fighter Aircraft). A rail gun is much too big to be carried on a fighter that size.

Comment

Aside from the obvious thing of, no sound in space, I noticed that theF-302's did sound a little different, I thought i was loosing my sence of hearing, but, thanks to this thread I know someone else hear it

Anyway, Maybe the f-302's have diffrent sounds to sg-1 to, further more, distance the two shows

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Working...
                  X