Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still like either SGA-# or SA-# but I spose we won't find out for sure until July 16!
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

SGA-# is a good name but as you stated, we'll have to wait...
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
        I still like either SGA-# or SA-# but I spose we won't find out for sure until July 16!
        I don't know how much it matters, but in Season 1, There But for the Grace of God, the episode where Daniel went through the mirror to the alternate reality, the SGC was the SGA instead. There's a scene that takes place in the briefing room of the alternate world, and behind General Hammond is a logo very similar to the SGC logo, but with the letters SGA instead.

All of that to say, I don't think they'll use SGA for that reason, but SA might work well!

Comment

Erm... teams? What teams? I mean, Sheppard and them go out exploring, but that's about it really, they are nearly all scientists Anywho....

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            Erm... teams? What teams? I mean, Sheppard and them go out exploring, but that's about it really, they are nearly all scientists Anywho....
            You know, the guy makes a really good point! (I seem to agree with most of your posts, a kindred maybe?)

I won't give any spoilers, but will there even be a headquarters equivalent to the SGC? Different teams like on SG-1? I would think (regardless of any spoiler info I've received) that TPTB would hopefully NOT do a cloned show, but something a little more unique, with different premises. Dr. Weir isn't military, and she seems to be the leader, so it seems this won't be a military mission. I think they are on the right track, I'd hate it if it were a blatent rip-off of SG-1.

Comment

Maybe it'll be AG for Atlantis Gate. But yeah, as far as we know, there's only one team. For now, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateSara
                All of that to say, I don't think they'll use SGA for that reason, but SA might work well!
                You don't see any problems inherent in your heroes being the SA?

I think that the Atlantis team is the whole kit and caboodle - doctor, scientists, airmen and so forth - more like the research group in Prodigy than a separate command.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

Maybe it'll be AG for Atlantis Gate. But yeah, as far as we know, there's only one team. For now, anyway.

My guess is that as soon as they figure out a way back and forth more teams will be sent
                  __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    You don't see any problems inherent in your heroes being the SA?

I think that the Atlantis team is the whole kit and caboodle - doctor, scientists, airmen and so forth - more like the research group in Prodigy than a separate command.
                    Yes, a few posts back, I agreed that their is probably only one team.

And, I'm sorry, I don't get the SA reference...please explain to the humble American...

Comment

Originally posted by StargateSara
                      Yes, a few posts back, I agreed that their is probably only one team.

And, I'm sorry, I don't get the SA reference...please explain to the humble American...
                      As another humble american, who went to school when they still taught history, SA stands for Sturm Abteilung, Hilter's original jack-booted, brown shirted thugs. SA would be a very poor abbreviation to use for the Stargate Atlantis team. After all, they're good guys.
                      Last edited by priornavalperson; 02 June 2004, 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by priornavalperson
                        As another humble american, who went to school when they still taught history, SA stands for Sturm Abteilung, Hilter's original jack-booted, brown shirted thugs. SA would be a very poor abbreviation to use for the Stargate Atlantis team. After all, they're good guys.
                        Thanks! I went to school when they taught history, too, but it was definitely my worst subject. I appreciate the reference definition! I think we've decided now that there will only be one team, so it's probably a dead argument anyway. But any day one learns something is not a wasted day! Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                        X