Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did the Asgard beaming tech come from?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did the Asgard beaming tech come from?

was it an ancient tech that they just adopted? A lot of their technology came from the Ancients. If so, that would explain how the wraith could block the beam. They were already familiar with the tech so knew how to block a transporter beam.

Say hello to my little friend!!

well we built a scrambler quite easily and the asgard dont always have to depend on the ancients to survive. but hey if the asgard ever die out because of the cloning do you think they would give us their cool stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
      well we built a scrambler quite easily and the asgard dont always have to depend on the ancients to survive. but hey if the asgard ever die out because of the cloning do you think they would give us their cool stuff?
      No we did not. In fact we only stopped the remote control. That's vastly different from stopping the actual transporter beam.

Comment

Originally posted by Spam
        No we did not. In fact we only stopped the remote control. That's vastly different from stopping the actual transporter beam.
        I thought in Chimera when they captured Osiris they had blocked the Asgard transporter not the hand device signal
        Last edited by AGateFan; 19 July 2005, 04:21 PM. Reason: still cant spell hand
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

My money is on the beam being Asgard tech.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

i wonder why there is no beaming tech on atlantis, the ancients could have used that kind of thing to rescue the people in the ships from the wraith. I think if the ancients had it they would have used it. but that brings up the question; why didnt the asgard share it? maybe it's a relatively new (give or take a few thousand years) technology
            Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
              My money is on the beam being Asgard tech.
              YEA IT IS ASGARD TECH, IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN. ALSO WE HAVN'T SEEN ANY SINGS THAT THE ANCIENTS HAD BEAMING TECH
              sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelWilliams
                i wonder why there is no beaming tech on atlantis, the ancients could have used that kind of thing to rescue the people in the ships from the wraith. I think if the ancients had it they would have used it. but that brings up the question; why didnt the asgard share it? maybe it's a relatively new (give or take a few thousand years) technology
                What about the transporters? I think those do use the beaming tech. Maybe the asgard just modified them so they have a longer range.
                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

errrrrrm.... Atlantis DOES have beaming technology. In the episode where Dr. Weir goes back in time 10000 years and saves the future Atlantis she is beamed from her about to be destroyed puddlejumper by the Ancients. And what about all those Transporters all over the base (the elevator type things). They feature in every second episode of SG:A, so I'm not quite sure how you all missed them

The Ring technology used by the Go'uald (sp?) was originally ancient technology. Although several species have improved on the old easy-to-use-and-understand Ancient Transporter designs (rings), it seems that the Ancients improved on them too. They just didn't bother to update all of their old systems for some reason.

Comment

Transporting and beaming are two totally different things.
                    The Asgard have their TECH. The Ancients have their TECH.
                    If they Ancients have beaming tech. Why do people feel that is were the Asgard got the Tech. from.
                    *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                    *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                    *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                    *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                    *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                    *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                    *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
                      was it an ancient tech that they just adopted? A lot of their technology came from the Ancients. If so, that would explain how the wraith could block the beam. They were already familiar with the tech so knew how to block a transporter beam.
                      Where did we hear that the asgard tech came from the ancients? I'm sure they shared whilst part of the alliance, but actually being a part of the alliance would suggest that the asgard have something to share also. ie. that they were at an advanced technological level.

I really don't know, but I personally think the beam technology came from the asgard and their extremely large brains.

Jerome

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                        Transporting and beaming are two totally different things.
                        The Asgard have their TECH. The Ancients have their TECH.
                        If they Ancients have beaming tech. Why do people feel that is were the Asgard got the Tech. from.
                        Because some people are Ancient fanboys/girls and seem to be stuck that the ancients were god and had completely mastered everything there is to master and that nobody else could ever possibly be more advanced than the Ancients and that any other race who has advanced technology MUST have gotten it from the ancients and couldn't possibly have developed it on their own.

That, or maybe they've just got an ancient fetish, I'm not sure which.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65
                          errrrrrm.... Atlantis DOES have beaming technology. In the episode where Dr. Weir goes back in time 10000 years and saves the future Atlantis she is beamed from her about to be destroyed puddlejumper by the Ancients. And what about all those Transporters all over the base (the elevator type things). They feature in every second episode of SG:A, so I'm not quite sure how you all missed them
                          No she wasn't, she was recovered from the ocean after the puddle jumper crashed. The transporters could be rings.

Comment

I haven't seen any Ancient beaming technology, like that of the Asgard beaming technology, the rings, neither the transporters in Atlantis, are the same, or function the same as the Asgard transporters, you need only see them in action to notice the differences.

Comment

It is posible that the ancients and the asgard developed beaming tech together, but then the ancients died out and the asgard kept working on it and that's why they have better beaming tech than the ancients, as they seem 2 be less advanced in everything else (O'Neill made a anti-replicator weapon in seconds with ancient knowledge, but the asgard didn't even after years/decades).
                              Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Working...
                              X