Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No inconsistency at all. It was simply 4 Wraith grunts, The Marines took out the first 2. When all looked clear McKay got up & came over to them, then suddenly another 2 Wraith grunts appear behind them & take out the soldiers from the back. They are pointing the weapons at McKay when Teyla appears behind them & takes them out.

The only inconsistency here is why they didn't take care of McKay. They should have taken him out when they took the 2 soldiers out. Never mind standing doing nothing & letting him raise a weapon up towards them & let him rant for a few secs before the clip ejected. That spoiled that part for me. To make it more realistic all they had to do was have them shoot at McKay & pin him down behind some supplies. This having him trapped, he realises that time is running out & jumps out & fires at them (He did fire in 'The Defiant One') the clip ejects & the grunt holsters his weapon & starts clenching his hand, Letting McKay know that it's about to feed upon him. (This way it allows the audience to know exactly why they haven't taken him out like the other soldiers.) Teyla comes to the rescue.....Situation resolved.

Comment

I have to agree with Major Fischer, on all of her points. While I haven't gotten to see any of this just yet and only half of the first season, from what I have seen it would be a departure from the flair of the show. While darker in theme, its not openly gory.

Comment

Originally posted by Furling God
        How come that McKay and Zelenka alone, with Ancient tools, were able to fiddle a quick and dirty solution that the Ancients themselves had not implemented during years of siege?
        The ancients did not have teyla to communicate with the wraith and could not be sure if the wraith would stop firing - when the cloak is on the shields are off.
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          It is a dark(er) show than SG1, but it's not gory. When there are pools of blood and regular dismembered bodies than I'll call it gory.
          Yes excuse me the proper word is not Gory, it's Dark. You were right on that point.
          No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
          I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
          Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

The Wraith Grunts can detect who is a threat. the last two marines were taken out by the last 2 wraith grunts. The only reason why the Grunts want mckay is to feed on him since mckay is not a threat.
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

I checked this scene again and I confirm that the two wraiths who shoot are two new wraiths. You can see that by the fact that they come from the opposite direction.

However, I made the mistake because they appear at exactly the same time it takes for a wraith to stand up again.

That makes four wraiths with imminent attack. Shots by soldiers were short and Tayla's even shorter. In other parts, not only of the series, but of the episode itself, wraiths can take more shooting without even falling down first time.
              I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
              Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
                The only reason why the Grunts want mckay is to feed on him since mckay is not a threat.
                How come those would want to feed on him, and indeed how come two others in this episode actually take time to feed on humans, while they are on an urgent mission?

Comment

a little off topic but still in the same vein: Am I the only one who noticed that the Wraith grunts seemed to stand around a lot and wait to get shot? There always seems to be a definite and considerate delay before they decide to shoot as if they're waiting for you to drop your gun and surrender before they shoot you.

The grunts seem to be much easier to kill than those with faces.... maybe they don't feed them much.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    a little off topic but still in the same vein: Am I the only one who noticed that the Wraith grunts seemed to stand around a lot and wait to get shot?
                    True. At the beginning when they meet Ford's team they really wait for a long time. You can even see one behind Ford waiting for him to turn round.

Then in the same scene you have the "upper wraiths" attacking armed humans bare handed. And then only one grunt raises...

Comment

By the way, how come the hand grenade could break the deck barrier without severely damaging the grunt's and Ford's bodies? They stood between the grenade and the barrier...

Comment

The chicken is attempting to understand the purpose behind this discussion, and is at present failing to see how it makes any sense.

Comment

Not the chicken again
                          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                            Not the chicken again
                            Would a chicken on a llama be better?

I mean, after all, we aim to please. I'll not rest until I get the right animal pic for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Droops

The chicken is attempting to understand the purpose behind this discussion, and is at present failing to see how it makes any sense.
                              I agree with the chicken. Does the chicken have a name?

Whoops, off topic.....how about, it's a TV series, not reality? Doesn't play with you die hard fans, huh? Well, I thought I'd give it a try.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                              X