This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by True!Ancient
    by the looks of things to me the ancients were a bunch of wusses that was all high n mighty till they got wasted by somethin they might of created
    LOL...say it as you see, and don't mince your words.

Comment

Why are people saying the Ancients can control weather? We all know that ascended ones can, but they have the non interference rule. That's why they didn't kick the Wraith's butt.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Originally posted by hungrytrash
        Why are people saying the Ancients can control weather? We all know that ascended ones can, but they have the non interference rule. That's why they didn't kick the Wraith's butt.
        EXACTLY! non ascended ancients arn't xman quality. Ascended ones on the other hand......

Comment

why didnt they return to pegasus? For the same reason you don't stand in the long line at a store... Takes to long to get it done, and to many people complain. People think things should be done within a short period of time. I'm sure the last surviving ancients got tired of war and wanted to leave. They didnt take atlantis because they did plan that one day their kind may return and be able to defeat the wraith, and they would need atlantis to do so, and it be a b**** to fly, and if they returned to a primitive world with a big a** space ship don't ya think that theyd have problems convinving people to come to bed with them if they think their aliens? then their race would never be able to repopulate. their idea was to blend in, and recover some of their society, AVALON perhaps...

I believe the wraith bug turned ancients into Wraith, so all but a few hundred ancients became wraith. these Wraith are still around and just as hungry and theres probably a dozen millions of them. but only a few million humans, not enough to feed them. As they said the Wraith are strongest when they just ate. Well I'm sure if their hungry their minds may also become weak, and bam theyll start small civil wars fighting over food. and theyll destroy eachother but we'll be able to destroy them aswell, ofcourse after a while ud have to hit them hard and fast because if it gets to the low ammount to where food isnt a porb were screwed again.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Franky I think they didn't go back becase their civilisation was doomed. THey got back to Earth with only a few people and little resources, probably just in time for Ra to come knocking. They simply were too 'tired' I guess is the word, to try and find a planet to start over again with too few people. I looks like a lot of the Ancients liked to live simple lives, Atlantis non withstanding. So they just merged into the general human population on Earth, lived their lives in peace and died, probably after passing on the Ancient gene into the general population.

At a guess, those that were left probably ascended upon their deaths with a big 'screw you guys, I'm going up' to everyone in our reality.
            --
            The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Farrell
              Franky I think they didn't go back becase their civilisation was doomed. THey got back to Earth with only a few people and little resources, probably just in time for Ra to come knocking. They simply were too 'tired' I guess is the word, to try and find a planet to start over again with too few people. I looks like a lot of the Ancients liked to live simple lives, Atlantis non withstanding. So they just merged into the general human population on Earth, lived their lives in peace and died, probably after passing on the Ancient gene into the general population.

At a guess, those that were left probably ascended upon their deaths with a big 'screw you guys, I'm going up' to everyone in our reality.
              Lol yea really. Screw you guys in going to ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                EXACTLY! non ascended ancients arn't xman quality. Ascended ones on the other hand......
                Actually, non-ascended ancients are X-Man quality, we just haven't seen many of them yet.

According to rumors of SGA Epipheny:
                Spoiler:
                The people here are apparently descendents of the Ancients, and each possess special powers. Teer, a beautiful woman in her 30s, has clairvoyance. Young Hedda possesses the Ancient healing ability. Their mother possessed telekinesis before her ascension. Teer tells Sheppard that it is not uncommon for such abilities to manifest in those who are on the path toward ascension.
                Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

After the Ancients acended they sould have came back and wiped out the Wraith. Even in space. We have seen this happen in that one ep. with the Ancient that has to protect that planet.

I don't know why they didn't get their Alliance buddies to back them up.

They probly just wanted to flee back to Earth because they have ben in war their hole lives and was tired. The war lasted for 100 years, didn't it?
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Hopefully many of these questions will be answered soon. My first thought after watching "Before I Sleep" I noticed that many of the Ancients on the council acted like senior citizens not excepting new ideas and change. I saw that when the council head told Jonas enough was enough and destroyed his machine. But the Ancients had the superior technology, they were just outnumbered. Then again, to leave many of the ancients to fend for themselves… this shows you how the second evolution of beings and their "We don't leave people behind" mentality surprises the Wraith. They even gave them props on being persistent. I believe Steve remarked on that.

Comment

Working...
                    X