Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why didnt the Azgards, furlings, or the nox help the Ancients fight the wraith?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I might have heard it wrong but I believe that in the episode "Fifth Race" the 2 Asgard said that there once was an Alliance between 4 great races.

1. Asgard
    2. Nox
    3. Furlings
    4. Ancients

When I heard that, I got the impression that sometime in the past something went wrong and the alliance was destroyed etc.

Comment

Couldn't the Nox cure the plague for the ancients. They do have that whole spiritual healing thing going on. Heres a question for ya. What did the Wraith feed on before the Ancients arrived? Hum?
      Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Comment

The Ancients left our galaxy 7 million years ago, or some figure like that because of the plague. The other species in the Alliance had no contact with them after that point for reasons unknown, possibly because the rest of the Alliance at that point in time didn't have the technology to reach Pegasus. The Ancients settle down on a planet and populate the new galaxy with human life. A few million years pass and the Wraith are born due to human DNA mingling with lifesucking-insect DNA on the wraith homeworld. So the Wraith build up fleets of ships and attack the ancients for reasons unknown, probably for food...At this point, the Ancients have been out of contact with the Asgard, Nox, and Furlings for millions of years and the Alliance has been dissolved so they can't ask for help, plus they didn't tell the others what galaxy they went to, so their out of luck. The Ancients get owned by the Wraith about 10 000 years before the current date. This is about the time the Asgard realized they've screwed themselves by cloning their species. They want to ask the Ancients for help but have no idea what galaxy they went to plus the Ancients are dead or ascended, so they have nobody to help them but the Asgard aren't the complaining type so they try to solve the problem on their own.

THE END

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
          Actually the Ancient's have an answer to the Asgard cloning problems. It's called time travel, but the so-called council frowned upon even the experimentation with it, or they could have gone back in time to a point where the Asgard were still reproducing normally and brought a number of them into the present. Problem solved.

Yes...but that would drastically change the future of the lifes they take with them. I'd sure like to see what an asgard looked like before they lost the ability to reproduce. Regardless, highly evolved races in stargate all seem to believe that time travel does more harm then good. I'd rather just take their word for it.
          If the asgard are so powerful why can't they create a humanlike body and implant their own memories into the clone and start reproducing. Their intellect is vastly superior then ours but I'm sure they can make the necessary genetic enhancements.

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod
            The Ancients left our galaxy 7 million years ago, or some figure like that because of the plague. The other species in the Alliance had no contact with them after that point for reasons unknown, possibly because the rest of the Alliance at that point in time didn't have the technology to reach Pegasus. The Ancients settle down on a planet and populate the new galaxy with human life. A few million years pass and the Wraith are born due to human DNA mingling with lifesucking-insect DNA on the wraith homeworld. So the Wraith build up fleets of ships and attack the ancients for reasons unknown, probably for food...At this point, the Ancients have been out of contact with the Asgard, Nox, and Furlings for millions of years and the Alliance has been dissolved so they can't ask for help, plus they didn't tell the others what galaxy they went to, so their out of luck. The Ancients get owned by the Wraith about 10 000 years before the current date. This is about the time the Asgard realized they've screwed themselves by cloning their species. They want to ask the Ancients for help but have no idea what galaxy they went to plus the Ancients are dead or ascended, so they have nobody to help them but the Asgard aren't the complaining type so they try to solve the problem on their own.

THE END
            Asgard are allready from other galaxy than Ancients so there is no reason why they couldn´t reach Pegasus. Also it doesn´t feel realistically to imagine that remaining ancients never contacted rest of the alliance.

Comment

Just because they have an alliance doesn't mean they need to share tech and other things. The Ancients now hold a belief that they shouldn't interfere with the lives of different races, maybe they had this belief back then as well.
              I am sure that the ancients didn't enlist the help of the others in the alliance because they didn't want to get them killed.

Comment

The Furhlings didn't help because, really, what can Furby-ewoks do? The Nox don't do anything except hide and Atlantis did have a cloak thing so maybe the Nox gave that to them. And the Asgard...I dont know, maybe they were too busy with their own problems.

Comment

I don't think they helped because the alliance wasn't formed until the Ancients returned to the Milky Way from Pegasus, thus the plague and Wraith had already happened........Can't help with something that happened before your time......

Unless you got an Ancient time jumper handy

Comment

The Nox probably would'nt fight back even if there own existance was in jeopardy.

The Furling, who knows!?, maybe there pacifists just like the Nox.

The Asgard maybe had'nt advanced to the point where they could have traveled to the Pegasus galaxy yet. Remember the Ancients did battle with the Wraith along time ago.

The Ancients might have wanted to shield the outlying galaxies from the Wraith. They did'nt want there scurge to go beyond Pegasus, so they kept the other 'great races' in the dark about them. This would explain why the Asgard don't seem to have any knowledge of the Wraith.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

maybe the furlings did help the ancients but were all destored

Comment

Originally posted by KundiSmack
                        I'd sure like to see what an asgard looked like before they lost the ability to reproduce.
                        You can see a reproducing Asgard in the season 5 final "Revlations". Heimdall is/was studying a 30,000 year old (I believe that old) Asgard that was found preserved floating in space. It is taller and more human looking than the Asgard of nowadays. Also, there was probably a lot of evolution that has taken place and there is no guarantee that the Asgard of old would be able to learn and work the new technology that is around.
                        Originally posted by KundiSmack
                        Regardless, highly evolved races in stargate all seem to believe that time travel does more harm then good. I'd rather just take their word for it.
                        If you watch the ending episodes of Season 8, you can see an example about why time travel might be bad.
                        "Those who sow the wind might reap the whirlwind."

"Only God knows everything and he works for the Mossad."

Comment

or maybe the furlings whent to another galixe like the ancients

Comment

Working...
                          X