Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA & The Genii working together, a possible future...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the "enemy of my enemy" could make for an excellent ally, it has not been so in the case of the Genii. There's always another quote to remember:

Fool me once; shame on you. Fool me twice; shame on me.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

ironically, I think we have something in common with the Genii. The Genii, until we came along, even though they pretended otherwise, knew they were the most technologically advanced of their peers and they were coming up with a grand plan to destroy their enemy and were just arrogant enough to believe it would work.

Then we came along made a mess of their plans, strike one.
      Then we proved to be more advanced than they are, strike two.
      Then we proved their plan was wimpy and couldn't work without our help, strike three... understandably, they're pissed.

When SG1 begun we'd destroyed Ra and were feeling pretty secure. Then we discovered we were waay behind technologically and needed help. Then we set out to get technology to defeat our enemy by all means. The Genii are on a similar path. It's a fascinating turn of events which could only make an alliance between us more interesting, knowing that once they learn all they can from us, they'll probably turn around and shoot us.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
        ironically, I think we have something in common with the Genii. The Genii, until we came along, even though they pretended otherwise, knew they were the most technologically advanced of their peers and they were coming up with a grand plan to destroy their enemy and were just arrogant enough to believe it would work.

Then we came along made a mess of their plans, strike one.
        Then we proved to be more advanced than they are, strike two.
        Then we proved their plan was wimpy and couldn't work without our help, strike three... understandably, they're pissed.

When SG1 begun we'd destroyed Ra and were feeling pretty secure. Then we discovered we were waay behind technologically and needed help. Then we set out to get technology to defeat our enemy by all means. The Genii are on a similar path. It's a fascinating turn of events which could only make an alliance between us more interesting, knowing that once they learn all they can from us, they'll probably turn around and shoot us.
        Hmm....if McKay hadn't shown up and helped them develop better shielding from radiation, I think the only thing the Genii would have succeeded in killing would have been themselves. I just can't ever trust these people again...but that's just me.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

They are pwoer hungry. Even if we conquerd the Wraith, they will still try to take us out.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

The fact that we are way a head of them will pretty much force them to become our allies. They have no way to deliver the Nukes to the wraith and even if they have a puddle jumper, they don't have the gene to fly it anyway. So they will need us more than we need them. I think its all a matter of time before they are begging for our help, and we will give it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
              The fact that we are way a head of them will pretty much force them to become our allies. They have no way to deliver the Nukes to the wraith and even if they have a puddle jumper, they don't have the gene to fly it anyway. So they will need us more than we need them. I think its all a matter of time before they are begging for our help, and we will give it to them.
              Until we discover that there is a unique element/metal/substance that can only be found on their planet/solar system. Then we'll need them as well. Power balances can shift at any time.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I agree but at this point in time...that is not the case. I highly doubt TPTB will do any power balance shift when it comes to the Genii. I think they like having the Genii relying on us

Comment

I can see SGA and the Genii working together for a short term goal then going back to being enemys again but I really don't see then as becoming long term allies. Darth Buddha used the example of the big three in WWII but this was really a short term allience that everyone knew was temperary. My point is that SGA and the Geni will never trust each other enough (for good reason) to make a significant allience.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

The best way to do it is by putting someone of Genii origin on the team.......

I pick the wonderful Sora

Out...

Comment

Working...
                    X