Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I,d like to apoligise for assuming that the Goauld use all ancient tech like weapons and shields but they do use more than the rings. I still dont understand the logic of someone who insults the past 3 seasons and claims to be a fan. I mean this argument was started over the tiniest of details wait a little longer before condemning the writers
    I FEAR NO EVIL FOR I AM FEAR INCARNATE.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun_Size
      I,d like to apoligise for assuming that the Goauld use all ancient tech like weapons and shields but they do use more than the rings. I still dont understand the logic of someone who insults the past 3 seasons and claims to be a fan. I mean this argument was started over the tiniest of details wait a little longer before condemning the writers
      being critical of the show is not the same as insulting. compared to the first five seasons the past three have not been nearly as good, they are still good, but a lot of us want the writers to get back in the groove they had writting the first five seasons. a true fan is critical, not blindly swallowing whatever they shove at us.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
        being critical of the show is not the same as insulting. compared to the first five seasons the past three have not been nearly as good, they are still good, but a lot of us want the writers to get back in the groove they had writting the first five seasons. a true fan is critical, not blindly swallowing whatever they shove at us.
        How true. Being blindly loyal to a show is, well, stupid. No matter what the writers do, no matter how bad the script, you still dish glowing accolades? Maybe some people are fine with that, but Stargate, like Dove soap, is a product (albeit a more fun one) and when the quality sinks, I have no problem in stating it. The trouble is that when you criticize a show, there are some fans who call you a traitor, etc., or you're not a (insert raspberry) "loyal fan."

Sure, there are some fans who say "it stinks!" etc. and never say why, and that's not proper criticism. If you say why you dislike it, that's different.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
          indeed I understand what you mean. I liked seasons 1 till 5 also very much season 6 still very good. Season 7 wasn't so bad but some episodes really were terrible (like space race, don't ment to offend fans who did like the episode) and season 8 well I didn't like season 8 because well sg.1 wasn't what it used to be,that goes the same for the goa'uld. well that is my opinion. Now to get back on topic. I think it is a bit daring but very interesting for getting a Goa'uld into Atlantis . I wonder how the gou'uld managed that
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Dunno if this was posted on Pages 2 or 3 here but just been viewing Stargate Solutions and there is a small piece on a couple of interviews in "Chicago Times" and they have spoken to Gary Jones and they mention and I quote

Jones will also do an episode of Stargate Atlantis, “Critical Mass”.
            Looks like we'll be seeing our favourite Chevron Guy in Atlantis again.

Comment

Also JM said when answering one of the question that two episodes are linked some how I think it’s 'Ex Deus Machina' and "Critical Mass”. With gouald serving Baal.
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                Dunno if this was posted on Pages 2 or 3 here but just been viewing Stargate Solutions and there is a small piece on a couple of interviews in "Chicago Times" and they have spoken to Gary Jones and they mention and I quote

Looks like we'll be seeing our favourite Chevron Guy in Atlantis again.
                Chevron guy will make up for hiccup girl being in 2 episodes!

Comment

Originally posted by Helo
                  Chevron guy will make up for hiccup girl being in 2 episodes!
                  You know, I wana see him looking irritated at the master control station in Atlantis...then pan out to see about a dozen of the geeks just staring at him. Then McKay says...
                  "Just wait....he's about to do it....."
                  *then Weir orders a team to go offworld. So he sighs and presses the first button*

Walter: "Chevron one encoded"

*And all the geeks break out chearing as Walter starts the dialing sequence*
                  --
                  The Stargate Technology Centre

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279
                    Not to start an argument but a SGC in the real world would of had Earth destroyed by now.
                    I think the writers aim for entertainment first and realism second, and rightly so in my opinion.

Comment

i like the idea of a goa'uld in atlantis maybe he brings a zat and a staffweapon then there is finnaly an other weapon that can capture and kill wraith. maybe the goa'uld symbiot is going in a wraith body that is deffinitly cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Bray'Paul
                        i like the idea of a goa'uld in atlantis maybe he brings a zat and a staffweapon then there is finnaly an other weapon that can capture and kill wraith. maybe the goa'uld symbiot is going in a wraith body that is deffinitly cool.
                        I might have to resort to physical violence if a Wraith gets taken as a host. It's just too fanboyish for my taste. Some zats would be nice to see though. Rather curious to see if it'll work as normal on a Wraith or if they'll be like Aris Boch. The Daedalus gives an opportunity to introduce them into the Atlantis universe without requiring previous SG-1 experience.
                        Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by Chris O'Farrell
                          I laugh at people who run around screaming "0MG, TH1S 5UX0RS!".

People the writers and producers of Atlantis and SG1 are NOT FRIGEN IDIOTS. They know very well the danger of these kinds of crossovers and frankly its about time. I'm growing tired of all the people who are crying about Atlantis and SG1 getting all of what, TWO real confirmed crossovers this season? Get over it! This isn't Stargate: Voyager where Atlantis was specificly said to be completly cut off from Earth forever. BOTH sides were CONSTENTLY looking for a way to get in touch with each other again from the get go.

The writers are not fools. They are not going to overplay this, but damnit I think its a great idea for a plot. It opens up the Pegasus Galaxy a little to the issues of our own. What will the Athosians make of the Goa'uld? The Wraith? We know the Goa'uld have been looking for 'The Lost City' ever since Anubis was franticly looking everywhere afterall. The plot also opens the way for more of the cool military/civlian (Weir/Sheppard-Cadwell) friction as you will probably have to take drastic steps to try and contain the situation...

Can we at least watch the episode before we start with the doom and gloom?
                          this guy gets it, why can't all you cry babys be like this guy? i know most of the fans dont wanna hear your crying, he makes a pretty good point

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Bray'Paul
                            If he managed to get a staffweapon into atlantis without anyone knowing thanks pretty sad.

Comment

i know but tayla needs a staff weapon because shed have a nice shooting weapon and a stick to hit them with.

Comment

Originally posted by Acropolis
                                i know but tayla needs a staff weapon because shed have a nice shooting weapon and a stick to hit them with.
                                Oh yea see would be great with a staff weapon lol!

Comment

Working...
                                X