Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just to clear things up, is Atlantis on Earth?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about the floating cities of the Netheril when I heard Atlantis was a flying city =)
    sigpic

Comment

[SPOILER: Season One - The Nox]

The Nox also have floating cities and can make them invisible at will. Maybe the Ancients also made Atlantis invisible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        Jack refered to Earth as 'Terra Atlantis' or at least part of earth.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that Atlantis was at least constructed here.
        You here daniel on about sounds in Ancients devised for the stargate symbols, e.g AT meaning earth and in Atlantis, perhaps terra atlantis means gateway to atlantis or something along those lines.

Lets not asume it was on earth, also theres nothing found yet that indecates cities of the ancients in our galaxy. perhaps we held the remote colonies. if our galaxy was the heart of the ancients domain i would of thought we would be littered with cities.

also why would they leave knowledge depositories in the heart of their own domain, wouldn't they just ask Fred

Comment

My guess is that Jack in is Ancient-driven form knew that Earth would be the only capable Stargate of reaching Atlantis, he also knew of the outpost on Earth, hence the soon-to-be annhiliation of Anubis.

Outposts are usually established when you want to keep an update of the system or area, but for whatever reasonm, are unable to make a permanent establishment.
          Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

"Terra Atlantis" would be 'the land of Atlantis'; like terra firma - firm ground - and terra incognito - unknown country.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Earth means Terre in french, Terra in latin, Tau'ri in goa'uld... so Terra Atlantis= Earth Atlantis...

Just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                Here, this was cut from the end of Lost City...
                Hi,
                as you can clearly see in the pictures below, it shows atlantis lifting of and bound to ground, whether it is supposed to be earth or some sort of moon. As these pictures have shown up by the end of last year, my guess is that they were supposed to be parts of " The lost City" as mentioned in one daft of the script of tlc.

Have fun.

Jannis_Equinox
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by r3tude
                  Lets not asume it was on earth, also theres nothing found yet that indecates cities of the ancients in our galaxy. perhaps we held the remote colonies. if our galaxy was the heart of the ancients domain i would of thought we would be littered with cities.
                  You did see what I posted, right?

Comment

Gateworld posted one picture trelated to s7 finale.There were that ancient Sentinels, Anubis' supersoldiers, ZPM, Atlantis in the ice and Atlantis leaving.Does anybody remember?It was long time ago:-)
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I remember those pictures. At the time they looked really cool, and they still do. Perhaps they were actually designed for Atlantis?
                      __

__

Comment

That was concept art, prob from the movie idea. But after the 8th season showwed up they changed it.
                        It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

I think that was what a storyline was based on. The Lost City flew away to another galaxy at the hands of the Ancients
                          __

__

Comment

there would be more useful against Wraiths.Outposts are suficient against gou'alds in the Milky Way.
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Not just Gou'alds, but Ancient-enhanced Gou'alds.....
                              sigpic

Comment

Whose to say that the Ancients had any hand in making the Goa'uld who they are, because you have seen that Ancients technology will not function in the presence of a symbiote, the like repository that Jack looked into the first time. It didnt react to Teal'c, but grabbed O'Neill, so obviously the Ancients were aware of the Goa'uld, and made sure that their technology would not work with a host carrying a symbiote, which would probably include the Tok'Ra as well.

And if you are referring to Anubis, he had simply ascended, in which he gained an advanced knowledge, which probably allowed him to alter the Ancient Technology, but other than that, no other Goa'uld has shown any sign of being able to use Ancient Technology.
                                Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                                X