Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone brought up the fact that thw Wraith actually boarding Atlantis might just annoy the Ancients enough to intervene?
    -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
    -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
    -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

If they wouldne't intervene with the destruction of every living thing in the Milky Way galaxy, I don't think they'd do it now. Although it would be cool to watch, but I wan't to see how Earth gets out of this you know. We'er suppose to be the second evolution of their kind. Let's kick some butt.
      302's lead the way!

Comment

One of two things happen with the Wraith on the city I think. Either A) the Daedalus now has Asgard sensors and just beams them out into space. Bye bye wraithy. or B) once the shield's raised and no more can land and we don't have to worry about being attacked from the air, the military teams in the city are able to then focus on taking them out. There are, after all, a few hundred armed humans now running around on the city I believe.

Comment

I have been attampting to find out as much as I can for the siege part III episode as I can, and found the following for anyone who is interested. I have edited the original texts I've found and pieced together the most likely plot for this episode. Make of it what you will

Spoiler:
          Major John Sheppard is approaching one of the Wraith Hive ships with the Puddle Jumper and a Genii atom bomb when suddenly the Daedalus, the sister ship of the Prometheus and the new battleship of earth, arrives. Sheppard breaks his approach off and flies into the Daedalus. Upon this, Sheppard goes to the bridge of the Daedalus and discusses the situation with Colonel Steven Caldwell, the officer in charge on the Daedalus, on how to best destroy the Wraith Hive ships. There is an Asgard, as a consultant, on the Daedalus since the Daedalus is equipped with the newest Asgard technologies.

Meanwhile, in Atlantis, everything seems at a loss for Weir. The city has been infiltrated by the Wraith and Teyla has disappeared without a trace. Ford and his security troops are surrounded by the Wraith and Colonel Everett is face to face with a Wraith without ammunition in his gun. To Weir, the city is lost.

But the Daedalus, with heavy losses and damages, destroys the two hive ships of the Wraith. The F-302 fighters are present to hunt and stop the hundreds of Wraith Darts before they damage Atlantis and its personnel more. Meanwhile, the ZPM is brought down to Atlantis.

McKay and Teyla hurry the ZPM to the energy distributor and activate the ZPM. Atlantis has energy again and it becomes apparent. Since a ZPM has enough energy to power the city for several thousand years, there is no problem over energy. The sheilds are raised over the city and is moved away from its current location. The Daedalus either lands or remains in orbit and will stay and remain in the Pegasus Galaxy. Within atlantis defense systems detect wraith DNA and destroy the wraith presence within the city.

Also, Ford emerges again and nevertheless seems significantly changed. In the investigation case by Dr. Carson Beckett, Beckett frighteningly states that Ford is now part Wraith. One of his eyes is similar to that of a Wraith and now not only looks differently, but behaves differently.

With a ZPM in possession, Atlantis can open up to Earth and it is a large advantage. But one must guarantee that the Wraith will not come back to Atlantis. Therefore, one fabricates the story that Atlantis was destroyed in the attack of the Wraith and the story will be told to other worlds. This, hopefully, if heard by the Wraith will give the Wraith no interest to attack the city again.

While Rodney McKay and Dr. Radek Zelenka begin their repair work on Atlantis and the Daedalus, they meet the Asgard for the first time in their lives. Colonel Caldwell and Dr. Weir discuss the new ranking and the new situation. Thus, Atlantis will not remain in civilian hands and guidance of Atlantis will be in both parts now. Weir does not agree with it, but no other choice remains.
          Last edited by NedKali; 07 June 2005, 06:18 AM.

Comment

It seems interesting to note that the defence systems only activate after the ZPM is installed, one would think with the MkII gennies, it would have activated before, interesting also that it leaves Ford untouched. There seems to be no mention of the larger wraith fleet, I assume they arrive in a later episode rather than in this one.

Comment

The Mark II naquadah generator brought to atlantis was only used to power the chair to fight the initial dart attack using what drones that were available at the time. The generator failed to power the chair after this, when the chair was to be used to control the PJ's to transport nukes to the hive ships, and there's no mention of other mark II generators used to power the city that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by NedKali
                I have been attampting to find out as much as I can for the siege part III episode as I can, and found the following for anyone who is interested. I have edited the original texts I've found and pieced together the most likely plot for this episode. Make of it what you will

Spoiler:
                Major John Sheppard is approaching one of the Wraith Hive ships with the Puddle Jumper and a Genii atom bomb when suddenly the Daedalus, the sister ship of the Prometheus and the new battleship of earth, arrives. Sheppard breaks his approach off and flies into the Daedalus. Upon this, Sheppard goes to the bridge of the Daedalus and discusses the situation with Colonel Steven Caldwell, the officer in charge on the Daedalus, on how to best destroy the Wraith Hive ships. There is an Asgard, as a consultant, on the Daedalus since the Daedalus is equipped with the newest Asgard technologies.

Meanwhile, in Atlantis, everything seems at a loss for Weir. The city has been infiltrated by the Wraith and Teyla has disappeared without a trace. Ford and his security troops are surrounded by the Wraith and Colonel Everett is face to face with a Wraith without ammunition in his gun. To Weir, the city is lost.

But the Daedalus, with heavy losses and damages, destroys the two hive ships of the Wraith. The F-302 fighters are present to hunt and stop the hundreds of Wraith Darts before they damage Atlantis and its personnel more. Meanwhile, the ZPM is brought down to Atlantis.

McKay and Teyla hurry the ZPM to the energy distributor and activate the ZPM. Atlantis has energy again and it becomes apparent. Since a ZPM has enough energy to power the city for several thousand years, there is no problem over energy. The sheilds are raised over the city and is moved away from its current location. The Daedalus either lands or remains in orbit and will stay and remain in the Pegasus Galaxy. Within atlantis defense systems detect wraith DNA and destroy the wraith presence within the city.

Also, Ford emerges again and nevertheless seems significantly changed. In the investigation case by Dr. Carson Beckett, Beckett frighteningly states that Ford is now part Wraith. One of his eyes is similar to that of a Wraith and now not only looks differently, but behaves differently.

With a ZPM in possession, Atlantis can open up to Earth and it is a large advantage. But one must guarantee that the Wraith will not come back to Atlantis. Therefore, one fabricates the story that Atlantis was destroyed in the attack of the Wraith and the story will be told to other worlds. This, hopefully, if heard by the Wraith will give the Wraith no interest to attack the city again.

While Rodney McKay and Dr. Radek Zelenka begin their repair work on Atlantis and the Daedalus, they meet the Asgard for the first time in their lives. Colonel Caldwell and Dr. Weir discuss the new ranking and the new situation. Thus, Atlantis will not remain in civilian hands and guidance of Atlantis will be in both parts now. Weir does not agree with it, but no other choice remains.
                All you did was change a few words around on what has already been known for over well a month now.

Stargate-Project.de Translated Spoilers

Didn't see you add anything in that would possibly warrant rephrasing the old stuff!

Comment

LoL Exactly! That is the same stuff everyone else has been saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                    It seems interesting to note that the defence systems only activate after the ZPM is installed, one would think with the MkII gennies, it would have activated before, interesting also that it leaves Ford untouched. There seems to be no mention of the larger wraith fleet, I assume they arrive in a later episode rather than in this one.
                    As far as I know the larger fleet does arrive in this episode the information above was written few months ago on Stargate-project.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

It's all just speculation, nothing new there. Unless I hear it from a more official source, I would treat anything out there like that as speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                        As far as I know the larger fleet does arrive in this episode the information above was written few months ago on Stargate-project.
                        For real. I don't think Weir and Shep would leave to go back to Earth with unless the impending Wraith threat was gone. (Refering to the episode after "Siege III", "Intruder")
                        302's lead the way!

Comment

They are not expecting a larger wraith fleet. Do we know for sure that they go in person and haven't just found some sort of holo-technology a la asgard so they can appear in SGC without actually being there? I was wondering, if we sent a wraith to earth could orlin create one physically but put another mind in there e.g. shep and then one could infiltrate the wraith? That would be a great technique for the part-wraith ford. If the larger fleet does arrive Atlantis should be able to survive once the ZPM is installed but their story would then fail. There must be a cloak or something to hide it as Martin Gero said they do not re-sink it and it would be detectable if they did.

Comment

A cloak would be a very good guess at this point. We know the city dosen't sink or move (at least during Siege III). As to what else could be done besides a shield, I haven't the slightest clue.
                            302's lead the way!

Comment

Working...
                            X