This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spimman
    She would have no reason not to go off world, but has every reason to go off world. She is a world class diplomat/negotiator and will be very useful!
    My thoughts exactly. Who better to negotiate, well, anything with another planet? If we meet some cultures in line with the Tollan, she'd be the gal (there's a joke in that somewhere, lol)

I'm looking forward to seeing Weir off-world. The rare moments she has been (i.e. The Siege) her character rocked and got some good development.
    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Daniel: Oh! You see?
    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Weir did get to go offworld season 1
      Spoiler:
      not just in the Siege Part 2 - also in Home, to the 'fog alien' planet.

I do think it's a shame they never used her diplomatic skills much, for example in Underground or Poisoning the Well even (wasn't exactly a threat on Hoff). Ah well, there's always next season
      Spoiler:
      and already 2 trips off base confirmed despite only half a season being planned - plus that's only 2 that we've got spoilers on...

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Trippin'
        I don't know if we have been told if Caldwell
        Spoiler:
        will be in command over weir or not....I think we've been told to watch Seige pt3. Anyhow, I can see an eppy where weir goes off to have a little vacay and trouble abounds! lol-sounds good to me!
        The impression that I've been getting is:
        Spoiler:
        Caldwell will remain in command of the Daedalus, which will be stationed in the Pegasus Galaxy. In spoilers for "The Intruder", it is revealed that the Pentagon are thinking of making Caldwell C.O. of Atlantis, but I don't think that happens. However, it does look like Shep will have to report to Caldwell, though.
        O'NEILL: For all we know, Daniel could came walking in that door right now.
        [Cut to shot of the door]
        [Cut back to O'Neill]
        O'NEILL: Any time now.
        [Cut back to door]

Comment

I have often stated that since the wraith have been awakened, the Atlantis mission is now mostly military. Weir should get out of the way and do what she is best at: negotiating with the peoples of other worlds to ensure peace and safety for as many as possible.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I think one of the weakest parts of SG-1 was that Hammond didn't get to develop more of a presence off-world. Yes, he did go through the gate from time to time, but most of the time it was control room, briefing room, office. That's confining.

Yes, I understand that a leader can't go cavorting off to wherever on a whim, but it would be nice to see her more engaged in off-world efforts. Or, even, going through more of Atlantis. There's still much to explore there.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
              Weir did get to go offworld season 1
              Spoiler:
              not just in the Siege Part 2 - also in Home, to the 'fog alien' planet.

I do think it's a shame they never used her diplomatic skills much, for example in Underground or Poisoning the Well even (wasn't exactly a threat on Hoff). Ah well, there's always next season
              Spoiler:
              and already 2 trips off base confirmed despite only half a season being planned - plus that's only 2 that we've got spoilers on...
              I'd love to see her diplomatic skills being put to the test, as well.
              I mean that's what she's based on that's her background, and to not explore it more is wrong. I think it would have been much better if she went with the team...when it came to whole "Poisoning the Well". She certainly could have used her diplomatic skills there...and it would have been perfect.

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by John&Teylaalltheway
                Since I think Weir's BORING I'd like to see her go off the show but , unfortunately, that's not going to happen so I'm stuck watching her do her ZOMBIE STARES ..

Pam
                You know, I respect your oppinion but I think that came out quite harsh. Sure Weir's may be a bit boring but she's a diplomat and diplomat = politics which = boredom for most people.

And for wanting her to go off the show, why don't you WAIT and SEE before you want her OFF THE SHOW? It's only been about 1 season.

And I like her 'zombie stares'. They explain more of how she's feeling since she really doesn't say it aloud.

And back to the topic!

Yes, I'd like to see Weir go offworld more because I think that it'd be good for her character. It'd be interesting to see her experience what her people do out in the field.

And I'm not too sure if the Siege counted because she was blind folded.

Comment

I like Wier too. And I think they've already established that Weir is remaining in charge of the Atlantis Expedition, Sheppard is remaining in charge of the military contingent on Atlantis, and that Caldwell is the Commander of the Daedalus. Of course, it gets funky with Caldwell hanging around Atlantis, outranking Sheppard, even though he does not have the position of authority over him.

Comment

I would be surprised to see Weir in action now, because in my mind she has become, how could I say, the kind of Atlantis-overseeing-but-technically-useless-bureaucrat would-be-chevron-guy-assistant powerless-zombie-staring-then-caving-moralist experts-meeting-non-expert-just-listening-saying-ok-chairwoman righteous-sentimental-mumlike-commander tell-me-what's-happening ok-keep-me-informed welcome-back figure.

I would find it awkward to see her in action. The actress is great (probably the best in the show) but it's best the character vanishes little by little imho, just being used as a pause in the rythm, to sum up what's going on. She is the witness in fact, imho.
                    No rep points, I'm out of the Karma now. No title would be perfect.
                    I apologize for not having time to read everything, and missing relevant contributions.
                    Please don't read my posts as important about real life issues, and don't reply as such.

Comment

Well, she is every bit as tied to Atlantis (the show), as Hammond was to SG-1. I think a little use of her off-world would be good. But they could not have her going out every week.

Comment

Weir will go off world in upcoming episode “The Tower” in the second half of season 2.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                        X