Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only way I could see Hammond remaining in the Air Force would be for him to get promoted again. Either he gets a 4th star and is a member of the joint chiefs or he retires.

Originally posted by oragans
    Maybe he will go over the Stargate Sg-1 is finished.
    That's what I was thinking.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
      Not neccesarily. Many of American Armed forces are away for even more then 3 months with very little contact. Its not a new concept to the world. Not all of Alantis are single and maybe a few have children (though few) and they thought they might never come back.

Also why would Hammond change his mind over a few months, i agree with Ganjaman in that we should know why Hammond decided not to go this time.
      Perhaps b/c of psychological differences between being based on Atlantis, and going visiting. I agree that we need a reason, I was just suggesting one.

This would be harder for Hammond b/c he is a three-star, and his disappearance permenantly would be noted maybe (more than a few colonels) by a Senator, or journalist, or an "unwashed" (not in the loop) beaurucrat. Also, maybe he simply had an appointment. In all likelyhood, they launched Daedulus as soon as possible, and likely rushed to assemble crew. If he had an appointment speaking some where, or anything not easily moved on short notice (figure a week), he can't disappear, whereas so snake-eating Recon Marines can. It isn't much, just some ideas.

Comment

Working...
      X