Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, and apparently that of others here, the second 10 episodes were much better. The first half isn't too bad, but could have been better. If you really want to get interested in it though, I would watch them that way you know whats going on.

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback. Sorry that I haven't responded sooner, but my computer has been out of operation for a week

I'm glad to inform you all that I have also had a change of heart. This weeks episode (Suspicion) worked for me, and I got right into it. You are all correct in that they do need to set the foundation for the rest of the series. I'm not one of those that require heaps of action and special effects, as I have always been more of a fan of the plots and character interaction. On reflection I realise that I started watching the first series of SG1 mid way through the season as I was not a big fan of the motion picture and had delayed watching the series. Perhaps, by the time I started watching, the production team, cast, etc. had settledd in. I don't know. All I do know is that the show just worked for me from the first day I watched it, and perhaps I have had my expectations set too high for SGA.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.... I just want to again say thank you for all of the feed back.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevepax_2000
        Hi guys,

Here in Australia we have only seen episode 4 (Thirty-eight Minutes) and I have to say that the show is pretty average/terrible so far. The only highlight has been when McKay & Sheppard are playing with the shield device at the beginning of episode 3. Other than that it has been a very half hearted effort on behalf of TPTB. The scripts are very ordinary, Weir/Higginson is AWFUL and in general it just seems to be missing. I am a huge fan of SG1 and the Stargate universe and would never have suspected Atlantis to be as woefull as it has been so far. Please tell me that it gets better. Other than my complaint above I think that in general Atlantis has a very talented cast, it just can't seem to get the script right.
        I feel pretty much the same - maybe a little more so. I see some cute characters and some cute plots, all that stuff, but y'know, I'm just not feeling it. It feels like the show is directed towards a certain type of audience and I'm not part of that particular audience. I thought it would be ... a little cooler. Heck - I didn't even think there'd be another SG team. I don't know what I expected it to be, really, but it's not really appealing to me as of yet ... I'm hoping it will get better though, and I especialy hope they form the secondary characters more - so far, they for some reason interest me more than the lead characters. As far as plot - I seriously hope that the plots get better and ...um ... not in Atlantis.
        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
        X