X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atum
    I thought Aquaman was King of Atlantis.
    Quite possibly. It's been a while since I read my Plato, but wasn't Poseidon the FATHER of the King of ATlantis, rather than actaully being King himself?

Originally posted by Calicto
    Okay. Poseidon is a Greek God. As seen in the show, the Titan Cronus of Mythology was actually the Goa'uld Cronus. Ra has enough evidence to prove that he was viewed by the Greek civilization the Greek God Zeus. Therefore, Poseidon cannot actually be another race of aliens as the Goa'uld PERFECTLY fit the description of the Greek Gods. They were harsh, god-like (in words of Homer; Achilles was god-like until he forgave Hektor and allowed his father to bury him) and loved to toy with men.
    Didn't the chief Nox guy have a Greek name as well? I don't really remember myself but I seem to remember someone saying it on the old forum.
    sum ergo cogitum
    I am therefore I think.

Comment

I hope I've done this formatting stuff right. If not, please bear with....

QUOTE=Positively Kanyon]I think the "aliens impersonating gods" plot device has run it's course in SG-1.[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid that's true. The new baddies have a different MO (spoilers in white follow)

they are completely indifferent to their prey, which precludes any desire to trick them by taking on any sort of persona.

What would be interesting though, is if the ancient gods of Rome were actually commanders or leaders of the Ancients.

It could work in Stargate: Atlantis, if given the chance. Any thoughts?
      It would lend some consistency to the Stargate franchise, but I doubt TPTB will be making much of any historical connection between their galaxy and the Milky Way galaxy, the Goa'uld and their god complexes beyond the series opener.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Unless, of course, some poor old Goa'uld has somehow managed to get lost in that Galaxy.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

The could have a Goa'uld episode and Poseidon could be in it .
          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Not to sound big headed or egotistical, but I liked my idea better with the ancient gods of Rome being commanders of Ancients. I for one, don't really want to see Goa'uld in Atlantis. It's like Brad Wright said, new series means a new enemy.

I'm sure the Goa'uld will make some sort of guest appearance during the series.
            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Positively Kanyon
              Not to sound big headed or egotistical, but I liked my idea better with the ancient gods of Rome being commanders of Ancients. I for one, don't really want to see Goa'uld in Atlantis. It's like Brad Wright said, new series means a new enemy.

I'm sure the Goa'uld will make some sort of guest appearance during the series.
              WHAT?

Okay.

1. Cronus was a Goa'uld.

2. Cronus (GREEK) = Saturn (ROMAN)

3. Thus, Saturn was an alias of Cronus, a Goa'uld

This means that Cronus was worshipped as Saturn by the Romans.

Therefore, Saturn could not have been a commander of the Ancients.

Plus, you have no evidence from the behavoir of the gods nor the show (except the Road-Builder Thing).

Comment

1. Cronus was a Goa'uld.
                The Goa'uld used the religion's of the people scattered around the galaxy and impersonated the gods. Who's to say that the Goa'uld that impersonated Cronus just took on the persona of a god in an existing religion?

2. Cronus (GREEK) = Saturn (ROMAN)
                Same reason as above.

3. Thus, Saturn was an alias of Cronus, a Goa'uld. This means that Cronus was worshipped as Saturn by the Romans.
                Where is your proof that Saturn was a Goa'uld? For all we know, the Romans worshipped Saturn (who may have been an Ancient) and after the Ancients left, the religion was forgotten until Cronus/Goa'uld showed up to cater to the worshippers need for a god.

Therefore, Saturn could not have been a commander of the Ancients.
                What are you basing your findings on? What I was merely stating in previous posts was mere speculation. You haven't offered any proof to your argument.

Plus, you have no evidence from the behaviour of the gods nor the show (except the Road-Builder Thing).
                Pure speculation, that was all. I never attempted to pass my post off as fact...
                "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Yeah, Positively Kanyon, you were just suggesting possible plot theories, you weren't trying to prove anything, there have been many errors thoughout the Stargate series that don't line up so there is nothing really preventing your idea from potentially occurring.
                  "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                  http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Working...
                  X