Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated in a earlier post, she was ready to start filming for Atlantis when MGM decided they didn't want her

I think it's stupid really. The woman they have now looks nothing remotley like her
    __

__

Comment

I enjoyed her performance in Lost City. However, a friend of mine (who knew nothing of any behind-the-scenes stuff or that the character would appear in Atlantis) felt she was a "dumb blonde".

So maybe there is something to that... Maybe she does come across as a dumb blonde to some people, for some odd reason.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Well I suppose Jessica could of dyed her hair, if TPTB had asked her.

Comment

Dumb blonde? I wouldn't have thought that that would be the reason. If it was she could have dyed her hair. Besides, look at Carter, she's a blonde
          __

__

Comment

I enjoyed Jessica Steen as Dr.Weir and thought she did a fabulous job. Her acting threw a little dose of reality back into the show and you got a feeling of what the SGC is like from the outside. I didn't know her character was to be included in Atlantis but it's sad to see she will not be the one playing that role. To be honest though, I can't really see her going off world or into battle or anything, only playing a "General hammond" role where she stays in the command center all day.

As for "dumb blonde" how would you feel if you just found out about the SGC let alone put in charge of it?

Comment

I think it's the "dumb" part that would be the problem, not the actual hair color...

Note that I don't think she comes across as dumb. Some people do. But personally, I doubt very much that this is the reason for her being replaced.
              Last edited by Ugly Pig; 01 June 2004, 11:36 AM. Reason: Missed a word...
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Jessica's hair isn't normally blond anyway

Comment

I can't say I enjoyed Jessica Steen portraying this Dr. Weir character either... something didn't feel right about it to me, although I must see Atlantis to make a more informed comparison. This isn't a reflection on the part of the actress, but the character -- who I found VERY unlikeable like Kinsey (I'm sure Ronnie Cox is a nice guy in real life but I find Kinsey downright despicable). Part of my strong dislike has to do with the fact that General Hammond, who I like a lot, got pushed over to make room for her... obviously planned to lead into the spin-off, but still

I like some quirky characters a whole lot but I just found Dr. Weir to be cut-and-paste and rather banal in my experience of having watched numerous "genius" characters on television. I like Sam Carter more as a blonde genius Sam Carter has both book smarts and street smarts... whether Dr. Weir does has yet to be seen.

Again, these are my impressions based on the characters and not the real people playing them.
                  Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                  more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Teal'c is correct. Jessica Steen's hair is not normally blonde. It is brown
                    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by ONeill_38
                      Does anyone know why the changed actresses for Dr Weir?
                      I never liked that broad so this is a good thing.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

Working...
                      X