X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAybe it's just part of their flesh

Comment

I thought in Childhoods End they said they used to herd animals.
      "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
      'Eleanor Roosevelt'
      Individuality is freedom lived.
      'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
        eBay?
        The wardrobe department.

Comment

Who says there are no cows?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Maybe Hot Topic opened a store in Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
              Who says there are no cows?

See? There goes another one...
              Last edited by Ancient 1; 28 March 2005, 08:36 PM.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Ah, couldn't resist this thread.

The human skin idea is plausible and I'm sure that by the time people are sucked dry their skin might be practically leathery anyway..ala the guy in the chair in Rising hiveship dining scene. Or maybe easy to peel off? Gross but morbidly cool for such villians.

But yes, they never said there weren't any cows. Only that Steve wouldn't by offerings of normal food, such as meat?

Other idea is maybe they nicked it off people they've killed...a random thought. Like the commander rank's (unmasked ones that is?) get leathers got from victims? Only the leathers look well made and not patchwork so that theory sinks, but it would be interesting if Wraith did get leathers made from their meals...or that 'Ancients' leathers were special privelege...creepy.

Anyway, I'm curious as to why the Wraith possibly can't eat cow if it exists. Maybe its superiority and they just don't want to, given that we know (I don't need spoilers for 'The Gift' anymore do I? but here incase I do)
                Spoiler:
                they are related genetically to humans
                and couldn't they possibly eat normally. They do have teeth - or is that only so they can speak? Okay, I'm going offtopic now but this brings up lots of interesting questions...

I love the idea mentined here that its part of their skin...

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
                  My guess is that its not leather at all. We already know the wraith have the ability to work with organic technology; perhaps they can simply grow something better than leather?
                  Exactly. Does it have to be leather... it may look like leather but there are a whole range of synthetic materials that can give the leather look...

That said, human skin is probably likely... grotesque but probable... the Wraith wouldn't be the first to come up with it, I'm sure...
                  sigpic
                  "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Heres a question, where did the keeper get her night gown from?

Comment

naugas

you know naugahyde??
                      sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by A Whiter Shade
                        Then where do the Wraith get the leather for their sweet Goth/Matrix trenchcoats?

The costume designers. lol.

Owen Macri

Comment

Maybe it's the skin of that funny hippo looking thing that the Wraith were feeding their "dinner guests" in Rising pt II?

Comment

Working...
                          X