This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
    um... I like Galt's idea. seriously though, I don't want the Jaffa in Atlantis. I find them rather annoying. Like the wraith, the majority of them seem to count on numbers and not skill
    Which is, of course, why they are the perfect anti-Wraith tool. Not only are they used to the opposite extreme, but the Jaffa are even better at their specialty than the Wraith. That's why they would win!
    Originally posted by Giantevilhead
    Sooner or later the Wraiths are going to have to send their full forces against Atlantis. When the Wraiths arrive, the Atlantis expedition team, with the help of the Asgard, activate Atlantis's engines and escape, leaving behind a time dilation device, then they collapse the sun and kill all the Wraiths.
    And they don't do that right after The Siege pt.3 finishes... why? My plan is for that worst-case scenario.
    Originally posted by Ancient 1
    I'm kind of hoping that somewhere in Pegasus, there is a race of humans that had a ZPM that didn't wear out until they had enough time to develop to a point where they can stand toe-to-toe with the wraith. Naturly they will be too snobbish to help us.
    Not if the Wraith can help it. The closest would be the Genii, and they are worse off than us!
    Originally posted by John Galt
    The long road approach would be to starve them and let them turn on each other, but that would mean either destroying Atlantis or holding it off seemingly indefinitley.
    That's exactly what the Ancients did. That didn't work out so well, remember?

Comment

THe thing you ppl forget is that the Wraith can beam ppl out.

Okay, so you send 50 Ha'tak Cruisers against 10 Wraith Hives. Obviously, the cruisers have much more power than the hives. However, there are so many more darts than gliders even in 50 Hatak Cruisers. The Dart can manuever to a higher degree. The Darts dont even need to blow up the glider; they just need to fly above the glider and beam out the pilot.

Also, the sheer number of darts (probably 2000+) would seriously do alot of damage to the ha'tak cruisers. The Hive ships also have alot of strong weapons. The Hat'aks + Gliders + Tel'taks would not outnumber the hive ships + cruisers + darts.

Comment

But we don't know if the darts can penetrate any of the shielding technologies yet; surely not in the case of Atlantis & Ancient techniques, but Goa'uld & Asgard tech has yet to be tested.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

ya but you are forgetting that the zpm is supposed to be for atlantis to power its shields and weapons the deadalus isnt coming to protect it it is coming to give them the zpm

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
            ya but you are forgetting that the zpm is supposed to be for atlantis to power its shields and weapons the deadalus isnt coming to protect it it is coming to give them the zpm
            Yes, but it can stay and help out too. It might even be able to take out a cruiser, but it would be totally overwhelmed. And that's why they need the Jaffa.
            Originally posted by Calicto
            THe thing you ppl forget is that the Wraith can beam ppl out.

Okay, so you send 50 Ha'tak Cruisers against 10 Wraith Hives. Obviously, the cruisers have much more power than the hives. However, there are so many more darts than gliders even in 50 Hatak Cruisers. The Dart can manuever to a higher degree. The Darts dont even need to blow up the glider; they just need to fly above the glider and beam out the pilot.

Also, the sheer number of darts (probably 2000+) would seriously do alot of damage to the ha'tak cruisers. The Hive ships also have alot of strong weapons. The Hat'aks + Gliders + Tel'taks would not outnumber the hive ships + cruisers + darts.
            Yes, they could do that, in theory. But then, why didn't they just make one run and zap everyone out of Atlantis? Then they wouldn't need a ground invasion. Maybe it only works for targets with clear line-of-sight to the Dart?
            Also, they'd be shot down long before then. Gliders can move pretty well, too. And the Al'Kesh would make quick work of the Hive Ships.

Comment

it would be much smarter to use the ZPM to power the Atlantis shield, rather than the daedalus because they are trying to protect atlantis at all costs using the zpm to power the hyperdrive engines on the deadalus would be stupid, also they could uncover some other weapons in atlantis, they could bring gliders and al'kesh but then it would be to sterotypical, at the last second the daedalus appears with squadrons of gliders, al'kesh, and ha'taks, then there is a final battle for atlantis above the city, thats almost exactly what happend in Lost City part two, with some minor diffrences. what should happen is the deadalus arrives beams out all of the wraith (because they used deepspace sensors from hyperspace to watch what was going on in atlantis) they beam the ZPM in activate the shield, submerge the city untill they can find alternate measures of defence, then they find new weapons in atlantis (that are very very cool), the daedalus gets blown up by the wraith seconds after it beams the ZPM in, and then later they blow kill all of the wraith with these new weapons

Comment

Have Battle Star Galactica show up with the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701E
                along with a Kligon battle fleet, and a few X wing fighters with some Jedi Knight to use the force. Then Have Chris Farley from Beverly Hills Ninja do some one on one Kung-fu.

Comment

Originally posted by monte_9501
                  Have Battle Star Galactica show up with the U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701E
                  along with a Kligon battle fleet, and a few X wing fighters with some Jedi Knight to use the force. Then Have Chris Farley from Beverly Hills Ninja do some one on one Kung-fu.
                  Is this the original or the recent hollywood remake of the Galactica? One has people who think, and one has people who don't.

And is that before or after Farley gets hit by a platoon's worth of stunners and the life is sucked out of him?

Comment

hey you forgot barney he can fill them with love, lol, maybe they will start singing and stop sucking the life out of people

Comment

even if they didnt the enterprise would finish them off, its handeld more.

Comment

Use a weapon similar to the one Nirti put inside Cassandra as a suicide bomb, and put it inside several human meal packs. When the Wraith puts the sacrificial human in suspended animation or attempts to feed, it gradually degrades and boom... naquadah bomb blows up hive ship. Cruel, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

There are many creative methods that can be used based on ideas from SG1.. it just takes a little creative thought and a deathwish.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

and who might volunteer for this suicide mission?

there are other ways that you can blow up a hive ship without sacrificing a life.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                            Use a weapon similar to the one Nirti put inside Cassandra as a suicide bomb, and put it inside several human meal packs. When the Wraith puts the sacrificial human in suspended animation or attempts to feed, it gradually degrades and boom... naquadah bomb blows up hive ship. Cruel, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

There are many creative methods that can be used based on ideas from SG1.. it just takes a little creative thought and a deathwish.
                            Of course there are other ways. This would be a last ditch effort or a drastic measure like the one the Hoffans undertook. I'm sure there are people who would volunteer if it meant, not end to just one battle, but the end of the Wraith altogether.

As I said, cruel but effective nonetheless.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I've already noted this on another thread. They need to use Super Hero Vampire Ninjas. They would be created through mostly legal genetic alteration. Or perhaps partially illegal genetic experimentation, creating hundreds of super hero vampire ninja automatons with bio-electric lasers for eyes and plutonium enriched nuclear missle launcher arms.

If not that, I think the possibilities for a Asgard vs Wraith space battle are stupendous. I mean how cool would it be if like 50 Asgard ships drop out of a hyperspace window and just obliterate this cute little wraith armada. I mean seriously, how nice would it be to have Thor in an episode of SGA. We could start a Weir/Thor ship thread.
                              "When I started school it was considered a miracle for an ass to talk, now I'm not so sure." ~Anonymous

"I do not agree with what you say, but I defend to my death your right to say it." ~Voltaire

"Like Broadway, the novel, and God, feminism has been declared dead many times" ~Katha Pollit

"I'm a feminist and I don't care who knows it." ~Me

Comment

you Super Hero Vampire Ninjas are a great idea but they have to also be robots so the wraith wouldn't be able to suck the life out of the, having 50 asgard ships drop out of hyperspace to protect atlantis would be so cool, picture this, 44 of the regular asgard ships drop out of hyperspace right between atlantis and the wraith ships, then in front of them is the O'Neill 2 the strongest asgard ship ever made (to replace the O'Neill) then 5 slightly smaller asgard ships start flying back and forth over atlantis beaming out the wraith with their cool beamy laser things, then thor comes on some screen somewhere and says "This is Supreme Comander Thor of the Asgard Fleet, we strongly recommend you retreat, or total anhialation on your part will be inevitable" then O'Neill pops his head on the screen "Howdy"

Comment

Working...
                                X