This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Would Make The Wraith Darker-Spoilers

Now what made the goa'uld get old and cliched was that they where good and bad (Tok'ra). They where the way they where because it was a thirst for power they had however the wraith do what they do because they are dependant upon it. And to us this seems evil.

I think that the idea of a comparrison between us and cattle ranching, or something, theyre no worse than us with our farming. I believe it should be made more evident that we're alike but on the opposite end of the food chain.

I think it would make they darker if it was more evident we're so alike!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
    what made the goa'uld get old and cliched
    The fact that the sarcophagus made them evil
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
      Now what made the goa'uld get old and cliched was that they where good and bad (Tok'ra). They where the way they where because it was a thirst for power they had however the wraith do what they do because they are dependant upon it. And to us this seems evil.

I think that the idea of a comparrison between us and cattle ranching, or something, theyre no worse than us with our farming. I believe it should be made more evident that we're alike but on the opposite end of the food chain.

I think it would make they darker if it was more evident we're so alike!
      I think that sort of thing is implied with Ronan Dex. They chase him just for the hell of it. It bears resemblence to battlefield earth...the book...not the horrible john travolta movie.
      Official F.O.R.D. Website

President (Ret.) and Founder
      The Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
      (F.O.R.D.)

Comment

One way to make the wraith instantly darker would be to see them battery farming humans, its so much more overtly evil than simply taking some villagers in order to survive

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
          One way to make the wraith instantly darker would be to see them battery farming humans, its so much more overtly evil than simply taking some villagers in order to survive
          Actually I think the kidnapping thing is a bit darker in tone, but I think seeing that would add to their overall evil aura....

As to making the Wraith appear more evil, have Shep and a team revisit a planet that was once well populated, and have them run into very very few survivors and hear about how the entire world was decimated by a massive culling by a huge fleet, to the point where only a couple dozen survivors out of hundreds of thousands if not millions lived, that would be very creepy, and seems well within Wraith character.

Comment

Originally posted by BruceDickinson
            Actually I think the kidnapping thing is a bit darker in tone, but I think seeing that would add to their overall evil aura....

As to making the Wraith appear more evil, have Shep and a team revisit a planet that was once well populated, and have them run into very very few survivors and hear about how the entire world was decimated by a massive culling by a huge fleet, to the point where only a couple dozen survivors out of hundreds of thousands if not millions lived, that would be very creepy, and seems well within Wraith character.
            I think itd also be interestin to see the 'farmed' humans treated...well less humane, the cell in Rising was hardly intimidating.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruceDickinson

I agree...that is much darker.

(F.O.R.D.)

Comment

Haven't they said recently, with the last 5 episodes of the season, that the wraith have been kulling entire planets and wiping them clean? I mean, they wiped everyone out on the Genii planet that was on the surface. Plus, in the Defiant One, the wraith had ship full of people right, so isn't like they farm them already?

Making the Wraith eviler is something that I think would be cool. To do that I believe that they should make the wraith more human and by human I mean develope them as a race. The more human we see them, less cliche badperson, the eviler they become. Hitler was evil because of what he did because he was human. If you see them as not human, like how Cortez wiped out the Aztec's, then it's not so bad. We have to make them more human for them to be evil.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Maybe if you could actually kill them with a stake through the heart while they were sleeping?"

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    Maybe if you could actually kill them with a stake through the heart while they were sleeping?"
                    lol...they are a bit to much like vampires...the way they lunge their hand onto the chest is kind of creepy.

(F.O.R.D.)

Comment

Their willingness to sacrifice large number of their people for food makes them very evil... or very stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                        Their willingness to sacrifice large number of their people for food makes them very evil... or very stupid.
                        They are bound to be defeated..something that evil...can not be immortal.

(F.O.R.D.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                          Making the Wraith eviler is something that I think would be cool. To do that I believe that they should make the wraith more human and by human I mean develope them as a race. The more human we see them, less cliche badperson, the eviler they become. Hitler was evil because of what he did because he was human. If you see them as not human, like how Cortez wiped out the Aztec's, then it's not so bad. We have to make them more human for them to be evil.
                          While I agree with most of that, I don't want to see them eviler...I think they should be portrayed as being darker, for us at least. Hitler and the Goa'uld are examples of evil because they didn't need to do what they did. They did it out of prejudice and thirst for power.

The wraith on the other hand do it for survival and that means they need us to survive, like we need cows and pigs to eat to survive and I really think they being portrayed as like us and this is what will make them darker and more frightenin to us!
                          sigpic

Comment

Three words

Human processing plants

Even if you just copy/pasted what goes on in a beef slaughter house you could have censors screaming bloody murder and the more sensitive fans amoung us tossing their lunches somewhere over the rainbow.

Seven others words that might also work, especially in concert with the above three.

Show us why they have sharp fangs

Comment

Tanning lamps. That'd give them a bit of color. Not even I am that pale.

Comment

Working...
                              X