Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really do hope that we get Atlantis. I think maybe Sky should buy the rights to everything Stargate in the UK. It would make sense since Sky is the only one showing new episodes. OK, Channel 4 does but they're on about one year late
    __

__

Comment

What's the difference between sci-fi America and Britain, they should show the same things. Um..I think it was ITV that showed the Stargate movie(not sure) just remember a vague ad airing on there. Lol people who can't get sky like the_fours don't know what it's like living in Wales. We have a variation of channel 4 instead called S4C and they are 2 weeks behind channel 4 so they are kinda lucky, the episodes are on at stupid times like 12 noon .

Does anyone know when they are airing season 7?

Comment

Channell 5, ITV and channell 4 have all shown SG the movie.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

probably on T4 in september cos it is usually 1 year from sky to channal 4

Comment

well with the popularity of Stargate i have no doubt that it will be shown in the UK but i don't think that Sky will be the only ones after it. Sci-Fi UK seems to be the home of reject scifi programs in the UK so i could see them or even Bravo trying to get their hands on it to at least have 1 show that won't get cancelled after 1 season.

the only 2 shows that i watch on Sci-Fi that haven't been cancelled after 1 season is the Dead Zone and Farscape so Atlantis would definitely be something for Sci-fi UK to go after

sigpic

Comment

I e-mailed sci-fi uk to see if they new any thing bout Alantis and I was told that they apparantly hold the license to series 1-3 of SG1, this I found odd as I've never seen it on any channel other than SkyOne or C4.
              As for Alantis I've hypothisised these various situations,
              A)SkyOne will show it and run it in tandam with season 8 in the same way they did with the last few seasons of buffy and the first few of angel
              B)BBC may see the potential of the series and get hold of it but then run it at stupid times like 10pm on a sunday on BBC2 followed by next weeks on BBC3, a la 24
              C)Channel 4 will get it and run it on the toss that is T4 OR to make some more cash will run it on E4 first, a la Friends/ER/West Wing

Personally I'd like to see A happening as it makes it easier, but I wouldn't complain if it was shown at a decent time on E4, but it's more likely someone will screw up and show it at the same time as SG1s on Sky.
              Oh and the Stargateirectors Cut movie was on BBC1 last x-mas aswell.

Comment

Im still waiting to see season 7!! I dont have sky or anything Im so behind.
                As above, so below

Comment

Originally posted by Whitster
                  B)BBC may see the potential of the series and get hold of it but then run it at stupid times like 10pm on a sunday on BBC2 followed by next weeks on BBC3, a la 24

please, please not BBC they abuse sci-fi and cult tv so much its sickening. i pay my TV licence and what do i get stiched up with sport.

Comment

I really don't care which channel the Stargate Atlantis is on but NOT SCI FI since they don't have subtitles on Sci Fi UK. I am deaf and alway depends on subtitles.

Comment

Just to clarify:

Sky own the primary syndication rights for SG-1 in the UK, and C4 get it because of the relationship between the two channels - they effectively own the secondary rights (afaik). This explains why C4 dont show it on E4 or in any kind of decent prime time slot - it will be in the terms of their contract with Sky that it cant be put in a timeslot that competes with Sky One.

Though there is no offical word yet, I very much doubt that Sky One will not pick up the show. SCFI UK almost certainly dont have the cash, as the rights will be negotiated with them (UK specifically), not SCIFI the overall company.
                      Same goes for the BBC as far as money goes (look what happened to 24) and if they got it, much as I like the beeb, they would probably treat it badly as mentioned, so its better off on Sky One, despite the ads, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Dagda
                        Im still waiting to see season 7!! I dont have sky or anything Im so behind.
                        Same here!!! I have to stick to my good ol' terrestrial CH4...
                        (",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
                        http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
                        http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

Comment

Hi!
                          I've been reading the posts about who will show Atlantis in the UK.
                          I think it's safe to say Sky 1.
                          They're already show SG-1 and if they show Atlanits after SG-1 they get to keep viewers watching their shows - like they done with Buffy and Angel on the same night after each other.
                          Also - Sky have the money. They managed to secure the rights to 24 by paying Fox what they wanted. No other station in the UK could match it.
                          I'd say Sky 1. Though we'll have to wait until nearer September to see.
                          Wormhole theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking. Not necessarily in that order

Comment

I think it's right that the corperate monster that is Sky TV will be showing this on sky one. To be honest i'm surprised they didn't show 24 in the first place on sky.

Comment

The only problem I have with them showing Atlantis immediatley after SG-1 is that

a) they keep changing the day of broadcast
                              b) they have TONNES of adverts
                              c) it means I'd have to take 2 hours outta my schedule isntead of one.

Ok, the latter doesn't bother me all that much

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                                The only problem I have with them showing Atlantis immediatley after SG-1 is that

a) they keep changing the day of broadcast
                                b) they have TONNES of adverts
                                c) it means I'd have to take 2 hours outta my schedule isntead of one.

Ok, the latter doesn't bother me all that much
                                Well, would you prefer 3 longish breaks or half a dozen shorter ones?

Comment

Working...
                                X