Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excuse me Master Cheif Jack O Niell, I worship cows. That's hinduism for you!

A Good Wraith? There's no such thing. It's like saying a Good Republican.. ahhahahahahah.. jk jk jk ....

well.. no; Wraith are fueled by intent, not desire. They must feed and they will feed. Therefore, they cant have good or bad, but just neutral. But by feeding, they are killing others. Therefore, they dont have a resistance.

Comment

a good wraith..

a Tok'Wraith
      The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Can the Wraith grow humans and eat those instead of attacking atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief Jack O Niell
          Can the Wraith grow humans and eat those instead of attacking atlantis?
          grow humans? like plant human seeds and raise human plants?

but see thats what the wraith do do. they allow the human population to grow for years, and then come through and cull it so they can eat. its actually kind of sad they have to spend most of thier lives sleeping so they dont starve. they need atlantis because they need to get to a new feeding ground to survive. they are going to starve if they dont get to the MW.

Comment

Would that make them any less "evil" or more "good" if they were to have their own private herds?

Comment

I don't think they should make good wraith or wraith in a restitance or any thing. I'm mean they are so scary now and I think part of what makes the Goa'uld so catoony and nonscary is the to'kra. I can't explain why but I beleive thats a big part of it. And I know the wraith can't be scary for the entire series but... for now lets keep em that way.

Perfecto!

Comment

Why do wraith have mouths and teeth? They feed with their hands from what we've seen, are their mouths vestigal?

Comment

They got vestigals?
                  sigpic
                  The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

What i don't understand is why don't the wraith just clone humans enmasse to feed on? Especially if you alter the clones to where they are mindless vegetables, with no sentience. That would solve both problems would it not?

Comment

First off, then you have to feed the humans.... because they can't fend for themselves. So you run into the problem with their hibernation period (who takes care of the lobotomized human clones?), and you have to do all this WORK that you wouldn't have to do otherwise.

Besides, from the Wraith perspective, they may have done a lot of things for their "herds". They may have seeded humans on planets without stargates, eliminated predator species, etc. to assure the humans can breed large numbers successfully.

Second, it may be that they feed on the intelligence as well in some fashion. It seems clear that they feed on humans due to the genetic similarity.
                      Spoiler:
                      After all, why would the wraith scientist who experimented on Teyla's ancestors put wraith DNA into them to make them "easier to feed upon" otherwise?
                      (why I decided to go back and put that in spoiler text I do not know... after all, why read Season 2 posts if you don't want to be spoiled? It's moronic, perhaps it is worth the effort if only to be spared the whining?)

If your prey must be genetically similar to be compatible, then dumbing them down might make them incompatible.

Which is why my patented "humitute" is going to be such a smashing success!
                      Last edited by Darth Buddha; 19 March 2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tain
                        What i don't understand is why don't the wraith just clone humans enmasse to feed on? Especially if you alter the clones to where they are mindless vegetables, with no sentience. That would solve both problems would it not?
                        there are apearently different grades of humans too them, remember when the Keeper fed on sumner she was loving it and saying how she had not tasted the like for ten thousand years, there is a difference in taste between the broken down and beaten people of pegasus and defiant fresh humans. farming lobotomozed humans for sustenance would be like raising grade T cattle or something, its edible but tastes nasty and not very satisfying. free range human is better than farmed human.

Comment

Yep, nothing beats free range.

Wonder if they prefer them "fresh" to "frozen" as well? After all, I'd imagine I'd start to get pretty rangy if I hung around, half alive, wrapped in webs for a few years.

Hell, I get rangy after a couple of days without a shower! So maybe she just liked him better because he had shower that morning... while most of the wraith victims look like they aren't all that interested in hygeine.

Comment

Would that make them any less "evil" or more "good" if they were to have their own private herds?
                            It would add slavery and exploitation to their list of offences.

As it is now there's a good chance a human in Pegasus will get to live their entire life without ever seeing a real Wraith given their lengthly hibernations.

Why do wraith have mouths and teeth? They feed with their hands from what we've seen, are their mouths vestigal?
                            They still need some way to intake raw organic mass material for the purposes of growth/regeneration. They must eat normally to.

If I had to pick a reason why they don't pen in humans and grow them like cattle I'd pick flavour.

We know they get some of the victims memories when they eat them, that's probably a lot of what makes the meal enjoyable for them and why Sumner was so tasty given his unusual life (to them) and his mental strength and conditioning.

Was I the only one that picked up a really creepy icky sort of sexual thing off the way Marylin was acting toward him to

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros
                              It would add slavery and exploitation to their list of offences.
                              but then we are just as guilty of that with cows, chicken, pigs, everything, so does that make us guilty of slavery and explotation too?

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                                but then we are just as guilty of that with cows, chicken, pigs, everything, so does that make us guilty of slavery and explotation too?
                                Depends on your point of view, I guess.

Some use the intelligence factor to say that animal suffering is not the same as human suffering. Others claim that animals are self aware. Still others simply use the Biblical justification that God gave the animals to Adam to do with what he would, more or less, to excuse themselves from thinking about it.

Personally, I use the "sense of humor" criteria. Anything that has a sense of humor is too bright to eat. That puts pigs off the menu, but leaves some people I know in the pot if times get lean.

But to run with your question: if the wraith are substantially smarter than humans (they may be), longer lived (they are), and harder to kill (they are), then do they have the same "right" to eat as as we have to eat cows?

In human history, there have been societies that demonstrated their "superiority" by eating other humans. The Aztecs sacrificed, and ate, humans on huge scales, with the Priests taking the prime cuts of the sacrifices, and the more common folk gathering up the bodies that fell to the base of the pyramid.

When the Spanish conquered the Aztecs, pork became very popular because it tasted like roast infant. Human. It's the other white meat.

Comment

Working...
                                X