This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Races

Please note that this post is speculation on the previous relationship between the other Great Races and the Ancients, not on the likelihood of their appearance in upcoming episodes.

Sorry, i don't know how to make words invisible, so you will have to put up with a spoiler space

*Spoilers for The Gift *

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Now we know the Wraith were created from a combination of Ancient seeding and indigineous life, is it possible that the Great Races, most specifically the Nox and possibly the Asgard were created due to a similar accidental process.

After all, the Nox look pretty human in a kinda naturish way but their abilities are far from human. In SG-1 Season 1 one of them made the guns disappear from the SGC guards hands (not just turn invisible, the guards were looking at their empty hands going "huh ?"). Do you guys think they may have come about through Ancient seeding colonisation that went in a different evolutionary pathway for some reason ? And the Nox appear to be native to the Milky Way, which we know was colonised by the Ancients.

Also, the Asgard once looked a lot more human and believe the key to improving their physiology lies in the genetic code of the Ancients. Perhaps they were a result of the same thing happening in the Ida galaxy or even somewhere else and they moved their later.

This would help explain why the Ancients had such a head start on the Asgard.

i beleive they are all related in some way ie different evolutions/experiments or something. Ancients probably got a little bored being the only intelligent race.
    Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Well, I agree that the Asgard and Nox evolved after the Ancients but I think they evolved on their own. This is because it would seen that bipedal with two arms and an opposable thumbs make for really effective form of evolution, since you need it to use tools. <look at apes and orangatange <sp>> And the Nox's cloaking and making the guns disappear could just be another form of teleportation teck.
      Last edited by Wandering Tamer; 10 March 2005, 10:46 PM.
      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

agree
        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Interesting question.

I guess they could have all descended in some way from each other, would explain some of the similar appearances and genetic codes.

Or maybe they all descended from the Furlings!

Comment

Or they could have all been made just like the ancients made the humans. There could have been an advanced race even before the ancients
            ZPM Odyssey

sigpic

Help continue the MALPs in the MALP room song

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...MALP-room-song

Comment

It's possible that the Nox and the heretofore unseen Furlings were created by Ancient genetic meddling (vis a vis the Dakara device), but since the Asgard aren't native to this galaxy they really can't be included in that same grouping.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
              X