Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if it would have been a good idea leaving them behind after all
    Spoiler:
    Sheppard and co (expect for Teyla/Weir) were all geared up and ready to take the zpm from that planet full of innocent children

for this I certainly can see where she is coming from....but *shrugs* isn't it a rule that you never leave a man behind? I don't know but boy was LFP one angsty episode especially for Teyla she needed a hug...where the hell was Elizabeth during Teyla's hour of need? lol

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
      I'm not sure if it would have been a good idea leaving them behind after all
      Spoiler:
      Sheppard and co (expect for Teyla/Weir) were all geared up and ready to take the zpm from that planet full of innocent children
      I don't believe for a minute that Shep and co. REALLY intended to do that. HOWEVER. . you always have to put all your options out on the table when discussing various avenues of direction - whether in the world of work, or in the military. I've been in many a business meeting where some of the wildest and/or inconcievable ideas are bantered about - not because that is what anyone wants to do, but because the discussion could lead to a variation on the idea - that just might work.

*shrugs* isn't it a rule that you never leave a man behind?
      The "don't leave a man behind" has to do with soldiers not leaving OTHER SOLDIERS behind for possible capture/interrogation, or to try your best to retrieve a wounded soldier or even a deceased one, however, it is not always feasible. It has nothing to do with soldiers not leaving children/civilians behind - in war you can't save everyone and families/villages ARE "left behind". Sorry to all the kiddies who can't fathom this, but it happens all the time - on all sides. I don't mean to be snippy, but some people don't realize how ugly war is.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        The "don't leave a man behind" has to do with soldiers not leaving OTHER SOLDIERS behind for possible capture/interrogation, or to try your best to retrieve a wounded soldier or even a deceased one, however, it is not always feasible. It has nothing to do with soldiers not leaving children/civilians behind - in war you can't save everyone and families/villages ARE "left behind". Sorry to all the kiddies who can't fathom this, but it happens all the time - on all sides. I don't mean to be snippy, but some people don't realize how ugly war is.
        That's what I meant by Teyla being naive. She should realize that this is how things work. Being an idealist and trying to survive don't exactly work well together in a war zone.

And I agree. You always put all ideas on the table, not matter how outragious they are. I mean, Ford even said he didn't think it would be cool but he was just putting out a random idea.
        'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by macktheknife
          She needs to be brutally killed. And replaced with Jonas Quinn.
          Actually, you got that backward a little - Mckay needs to be killed and replaced with Jonas Quinn. There we go!

well, actually, i'm kind of serious ...
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            I don't believe for a minute that Shep and co. REALLY intended to do that. HOWEVER. . you always have to put all your options out on the table when discussing various avenues of direction - whether in the world of work, or in the military. I've been in many a business meeting where some of the wildest and/or inconcievable ideas are bantered about - not because that is what anyone wants to do, but because the discussion could lead to a variation on the idea - that just might work.

Ah...the army...I wasn't sure where that saying was from *hangs head in shame for be stupid* you know it hit me...the one thing that I found annoying was when Teyla's friends brought like a mini army...seriously WTF? It's like an open invitie Hey, escape the wraith and face them on Atlantis.....

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Its not just the "lets do whats right" argument, but the smugness its often said with, like some how "her pple" were about beat the wraith and we spoilt it. Irritates the hell out of me. Its a bit like the Genni, how a people who haven't even created a jet engine yet, suggest SGA doesnt deserve atlantis

However how great would it be if we found out she only had his pjilosophy because say on a trading trip years earlier she knew the wraith were coming but decided to save her own ass and let a village of orphans get taken!! That would be character depth lol

Comment

Ah1!! Im so glad I found this thread! Teyla does annoy me personally. Her character was poorly thought up and executed through the scripts. The minute I saw her in Rising my eye started to twitch. I said in the shep/weir thread earlier that (to quote dr. evil) she is the diet coke or Teal'c- One calorie, not charming enough. She is just a very flat character. Its always (like you said)
                "SAVE MY PEOPLE!" "SAVE MY PEOPLES FRIENDS!" "WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?" and I just want her to get some meaningful things going on. Letters from Pegasus was an alright beg. but give her more if you're going to keep her!!!

I'm also a young fan who dislikes Teyla. I think maybe its the pre-teens that really like Teyla. I could see myself liking her 3 or 4 years ago, but then ago, I liked Dreamstreet, Britney Spears, and Dream. It's all about "Look at her cool belly shirt!" "Look at her flip that totally hot guy!" Now getting older and getting over that whole phase of having to be a teenybopper and looking like a model, I respect the intelligent, strong, women (Weir) instead. Seriously, lets touch upon the subject of her hairstyle and Wardrobe... *facepalm* *facedesk* *facewall*

So yes, next season: New obstacles, more depth, new enemies, new wardrobe
                Citizen of Braneville

Comment

Working...
                X