This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outpost Anyone?

Though i love Atlantis i just rewatched the first season (cant wait for the DVD's) and the only thing that I wonder is "Where in the Heck are the Outpost. Yeah, yeah, i know the story all that was left was atlantis but that cannot be entirely true if you think about it. even when atlantis was on earth they had other outpost and repository's. I guess i just think something has to give in season 2 the need to find more tech is really huge now. Because even after beating the Wraith back the same thing will happen that happened before, the wraith will just send more instead of three ships next they send 6. It will get old quick, if anyting i want to see a Drone manufactureing plant or something. I guess im just not as impressed with the tech in the first season as i hoped i would be I realize they could have gone toooo far with it. if it was over done but name one thing of real use they have found so far.???????almost everything has been one time use, or done more damage to the team than any help wheres the big red button darn it?
    The enemy has spoken

For all we know the repositorys of knowledge were only left in the MW galaxy as they werent planning on going back to it. and it would be really stupid to just let them find uber advanced weapons straight away, they will have to work and search for it
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
      For all we know the repositorys of knowledge were only left in the MW galaxy as they werent planning on going back to it. and it would be really stupid to just let them find uber advanced weapons straight away, they will have to work and search for it
      Well Said... I agree
      Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

I dont see how it would be stupid to find something useful though which is what im talking about. so they dont find the Uber weapon im fine with that, but the constant super uphill battle is getting old. Heck find a ray gun, a waterballoon something. everything they find is either a prototype or broken. and why would they have to search for it super hard heck its not like it was easy even getting too Atlantis took darn near 7 seasons of sg1 to figure that out. but to me were fighting ants with strings and i would like to use some bug spray........."Dear SGC Send us a can of RAID"......not "Raid Max" just old school Raid you know the stuff that smells like acid.
        The enemy has spoken

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
          Yep, not to mention, the "outposts" hinted at are in truth destroyed.
          Spoiler:
          In "Before I Sleep" Old Dr. Weir says that the addresses are where ancient outposts were, and not not existing outposts. I'm guessing that Weir was only given the areas where a ZPM was powering whatever ancient machinery that was used in the war.
          Enter my game site...

Comment

Spoiler:
            If the outposts that Weir mentioned in "Before I Sleep" are powered by ZPM's don't you think it's wrong to take the ZPM', especially if they're being used to protect a planet with people on?
            WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

Originally posted by MylesSGC
              Spoiler:
              If the outposts that Weir mentioned in "Before I Sleep" are powered by ZPM's don't you think it's wrong to take the ZPM', especially if they're being used to protect a planet with people on?
              Did you not just Read Gothann's post? just said that the zpms are on planets that HAD outposts and there for they might have been destroyed
              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

[spoiler]Remember that in "The Brotherhood" there is a ZPM hidden somewhere.

In fact, the only ZPM that is known as a still-functional and still-used power source is on the planet of "Childhood's End".

Weir said that those *were* outposts of the ancients. It's safe to say that the ZPMs aren't being used anymore. Especially since all of the outposts were destroyed in the war by the Wraith.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                X