This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
    The wraith don't really do anything apart from eat humans, the Go'ould were a far better enemy as they at least had in-fighting, betrayal etc
    We don't know that.

For all we know they might have a unique social structure (brought about by their telepathy).
    Enter my game site...

Comment

ive mentioned it a couple of times but no one has answered me, does anyone know if there's a Wraith queen? AFAIK most insect hives on earth have a queen, so surely it stands to reason that the Wraith would operate in a similar fasion. I wonder if it's her/it that allows them to maintain their telepathic link? also, i wonder what the range of the link is? is there a way of disrupting it? can it be used against them?

I'd say it's fair to assume that they're not mindless killers, and they seem to be quite efficient, now as far as how fast they adapt to new threats (actually, since the time of the ancients, have they had ANY threats?)

hehehe, i wonder what they do in their spare time? the group that stay awake while the others hibernate? (they must be unreal at fussball! )
      We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

Comment

aligator_am, I'm pretty sure that the social structure of the Wraith will be presented in Season 2, though I wouldn't put all of my money on having a Queen in control of everyone.

As for the telepathic net, I'm quite sure that it's held together by each and every Wraith, making the net strong if there are many Wraith around, and weak if no others are there (think "The Defiant One")

There most likely IS a maximum range for the psi-net they have, since they kind of DO lose some of their warriors along the way.
        Enter my game site...

Comment

It gives them a semi-borg quality, and can't imagine them having say factions (although saying that we do know sometimes wraith operate in secret "the gift")

they seem too single minded as an enemy, and given their supposed power its hard to see how the series can have humans constantly defeating them

Comment

True, although they truly think that Terran Humans are simply a snack. In truth, I'm quite sure they can bring out the big guns if ever they find out that we have already started learning quite a bit about Ancient technology.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

again, thats what i believe is the problem with the wraith, they could win and take atlantis eventually (and need to to get to earth) it wud be similar to having the replicators one every planet in SG-1

They're not a bad enemy, but they dont have the falability (and as a result, realistic beatability) of the go'ould

Comment

Ah, but indeed they do.

They have the insane overconfidence that rivals or surpasses the Goa'uld, mostly because it's been oh so long since they've had anyone to fight. They control the galaxy and as such believe that they are invulnerable.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

One thing I've noticed though- In Atlantis, we never see the Wraith plotting or anything. We only see them when the Atlantians see them.

On SG1, we often see the System Lords off doing their thing away from us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    One thing I've noticed though- In Atlantis, we never see the Wraith plotting or anything. We only see them when the Atlantians see them.

On SG1, we often see the System Lords off doing their thing away from us.
                    I SOOOO don't want to spoil what's coming up in the series for you guys that would infirm that statement... It would cause the spoiling of one whole episode and about half of the episodes to come for the US.
                    Enter my game site...

Comment

Would be nice to see some guenuine in-fighting between Wraiths. possibly if they run outta food between hve ships controled by differnt Queens/head Wraiths

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
                        Would be nice to see some guenuine in-fighting between Wraiths. possibly if they run outta food between hve ships controled by differnt Queens/head Wraiths
                        That may be the case.. Since we all know that the wraith won't overtake Atlantis (I think it's safe to say this now, since there's a second season... Go with logic)

They might start feeding on themselves pretty soon.
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                          I SOOOO don't want to spoil what's coming up in the series for you guys that would infirm that statement... It would cause the spoiling of one whole episode and about half of the episodes to come for the US.
                          If you're referring to 'The Gift', I've seen that. But it's not exactly what I mean. I meant stuff more like the beginning of 'Threads' in sg1.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator_am
                            actually you may have something there, remember in "the defiant one" Shep said that this Wraith was different somehow, was ever explained? was it a result of Warith cannibalism? is this where ancient man got the idea that if you eat a powerful warrior you gain their powers? lol
                            I think that the wraith there was stronger then they are now not because he eat somuch but because it was the first generation. the ancient couldn't defeat the wraith because they where out of number but I allso think those wraith where the first generation just like the ancient's. So this wraith are the second generation just like the humans. and the second generation wraith are not so strong and it can not regenerate so good like the first generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Bray'Paul
                              I think that the wraith there was stronger then they are now not because he eat somuch but because it was the first generation. the ancient couldn't defeat the wraith because they where out of number but I allso think those wraith where the first generation just like the ancient's. So this wraith are the second generation just like the humans. and the second generation wraith are not so strong and it can not regenerate so good like the first generation.
                              dont forget in that episode mckay said beckett theorized that a wraiths strength was proportional to when he feed....and he did recentl just feed on 1 person and 1/2 of another one lol. so that could be part of it!

off topic. i dont think the show has been going slow at all. i like it. it lends to much more characater and story development. and more suspense.

i thought they rushed parts of s8 in SG1. loved the season but its like they suddenly got extra money during the second half for all thsoe cool episodes. frankly, what would have made that better was if they added in an episode where they lose to the replicators right before reckoning. that was too quick.
                              conversly, SGA has been taking it to slow. they built it up. I thought SGA S1 was actually better than SG1 s8.

the slow approach is better IMO
                              come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                                If you're referring to 'The Gift', I've seen that. But it's not exactly what I mean. I meant stuff more like the beginning of 'Threads' in sg1.
                                You'll notice that SG-1 has enough background to allow this sort of "Here's what the enemy is plotting, now see if it really works!" storylines.

With the first season of SGA, the Wraith were practically living up to their name. They haunted most people but no one knew what they were up to.

Now that we DO know what they're up to, we might see some Wraith-side planning while they're waiting for the next opportunity to strike at Atlantis.
                                Enter my game site...

Comment

Working...
                                X