Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why the atlantis patches? (spoilers season 1)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why the atlantis patches? (spoilers season 1)

Why did earth put atlantis on everything. i know o'niell said terra atlantis in the lost city, but imagine if the ancients had renamed the city, or it hadn't been called that at all. atlantis was an ancient word that translated into something else entirely.

also, we know that weir was once in atlantis 10000 years ago. what if she thought it would be funny to stick up a large sign in the gate room saying "welcome to mississippi, i hope you enjoy your stay"

They named it the Atlantis Expedition. Wouldnt matter what the name of the city was.
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by soulblade64
      Why did earth put atlantis on everything. i know o'niell said terra atlantis in the lost city, but imagine if the ancients had renamed the city, or it hadn't been called that at all. atlantis was an ancient word that translated into something else entirely.

also, we know that weir was once in atlantis 10000 years ago. what if she thought it would be funny to stick up a large sign in the gate room saying "welcome to mississippi, i hope you enjoy your stay"
      its the Atlantis Expeditianary team. even if the name of the city changed later, we learned of it as atlantis. what were they gonna call it, the Pittsburgh Expeditionary team? (actually that would be really cool, i love the 'burgh)

Comment

They uncovered a lot of information in the Ancient Outpost. They found the gate coordinates for Atlantis, so how do we know they didn't find confirmation of the name there?
        Rocky

Comment

ok, but still. how funny would it have been if weir put up a banner in the gateroom saying welcome to texas (hammond )

Comment

lol
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Or if the sign said something like 'Lizzie was 'ere' or 'Bathrooms left corridor, third door on the right' and then a lot of people on the expedition ran that way. Or it could say:
              'Don't worry if the city starts to flood, there's a failsafe...I think. That scientist guy had better have remembered to program it in...'
              : Hi Steve
              Bye Steve

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Ancient
                Or if the sign said something like 'Lizzie was 'ere' or 'Bathrooms left corridor, third door on the right' and then a lot of people on the expedition ran that way. Or it could say:
                'Don't worry if the city starts to flood, there's a failsafe...I think. That scientist guy had better have remembered to program it in...'
                rofl
                But back 2 topic:
                I agree with what everyone said, it doesn't really matter whether they changed the name later or not - there's no indication to that so we assume it's called Atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                X