This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter / Ben's new character?

I just posted in another thread that if Ben had come on board before Pete, and as much as I really do like Pete and love Jack, I would have gone for a Carter / Ben pairing in a shot!

Now I know we have no idea who Ben Browder's new character will be or what his relationship to SG-1 will be, but with that said, let your imagination wander a little.

Could you see a Carter / Browder pairing in an alternate universe?
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

uh no... probably
    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

i guess that them together in an AU is possible. the PTB's may throw a reference to getting them both together in an episode because it is something that wanted (it was done with carter and jack in AU's twice)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
        It depends on the character Browder will play.
        Rocky

Comment

yeah, ill have to agree with Vala. Carter's got two guys (Jack and Peter) to deal with.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I don't think it's neccessary, but then again I'm not a shipper.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
              yeah, ill have to agree with Vala. Carter's got two guys (Jack and Peter) to deal with.

True, but can you imagine the ramification of a third guy coming in that trumps the other two? It would make for a few good story lines....
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

I thought about it myself briefly (depending on his character, of course), but then with Pete and Jack... no, not a good idea for the show.

And that's my two cents...
                My LiveJournal
                ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Bit too melodramatic to have three guys after Carter. Next thing you know she'll wake up pregnant with Daniel and Teal'c will turn out to be her father's half brother's grand aunt's plumber's long lost cousin's next store neighbor's ex-husband.

Comment

I don't think so plus we don't even know if they will be suited on the chemistry level....and BB refused the role of Pete for that reason ..but he probably accepted the job now because he'll be an action man and will probably go after Vala ..At least we know Claudia Black and BB have got that special chemistry. and I would find it very entertaining if I want ship.

let's Sam deal with her 2 guys first ete and Jack ..I think she has enough on her plate

Caty

Comment

Personally, I think either Browder's character should either be single (and not after Sam!) or already have a family of his own back on Earth. It would add an interesting angle at least, since none of the other characters on the show are currently married, and Teal'c's son is already grown up (or married, at least). It would provide some fodder for storylines.

Or he could just be a hunk!

Either way, I'm taking the addition of his character to be a positive move. But he's not going anywhere with Sam. Pete and Jack provide enough drama towards that end.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                        eh...no.

this is stargate, not soapgate

I would love to have him be like dixon though and have a family.

and if he's military and assigned to SG-1, then sam's his co and any relationship would be against the regs
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Jeez, Sam's got enough trouble juggling her feelings for "one-true-love" Jack and "not so one-true-love Pete". If she adds New!Guy to the mix I'm afraid she might be branded an intergalactic hussy!

Actually I think it might be fun to see Daniel and New!Guy having a little rivalry over recurring character played by Claudia Black. Keeps the love stuff out of the team but adds a little romance to the mix once in awhile.

ETA: After reading some of the other posts it might be nice if BB's character were married. That would be a different approach. Whatever they do I sure hope they don't ship Sam and BB's character. please.
                          Last edited by keshou; 17 December 2004, 02:05 PM.
                          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                            Jeez, Sam's got enough trouble juggling her feelings for "one-true-love" Jack and "not so one-true-love Pete". If she adds New!Guy to the mix I'm afraid she might be branded an intergalactic hussy!

Actually I think it might be fun to see Daniel and New!Guy having a little rivalry over recurring character played by Claudia Black. Keeps the love stuff out of the team but adds a little romance to the mix once in awhile.
                            I agree with you, Kes.

That or over a completely new character for the two of them (Daniel and Ben's character, I mean).

Comment

I have feeling that BB character will be some bureaucrat sent by the president
                              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Working...
                              X