This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexa Doig+Michael Shanks

Whoah Whoah Whoah...Whoah......Whoah.....Breaks.......Michael Shanks and Lexa Doig are married?

uh, yes. and apparently the lady that used to be his wife (shar'e) had his first kid.
    .... hes got a girl on every world.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

You are both correct

Before anybody thinks she has the part because she is his wife - TPTB wanted her before they were married
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        You are both correct

Before anybody thinks she has the part because she is his wife - TPTB wanted her before they were married
        No, Lexa Doig auditionned for the part. RCC didn't know she was interested, otherwise he would have cast her immediatly

Comment

I know she auditioned what I meant was that a few years earlier they had wanted her on the show so she had been a target for a while
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

I know she auditioned what I meant was that a few years earlier they had wanted her on the show so she had been a target for a while
            hmm now that you say, I think I once read something (might be a rumor) that they wanted Lexa Doig as Reece from Menace

Comment

From another thread:http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...233#post376233
              Originally posted by BruTak
              Isn't it nice of Michael to get his missus a new job?
              Originally posted by Skydiver
              MS has said he had nothing to do with it
              Originally posted by dec55
              It amazes me that most folks don't realize that SG1 had been talking about
              getting Lexa on the show even before Lexa and Michael got married. It all began
              on season 1 of Andromeda when both showed so much chemistry that they
              just dominated the episode. Talk of getting Lexa has been going on for 5 years.
              And even then Lexa still had to audition. Lexa will rise to occasion and show that her position on the show has outstanding merit. She is a excellent catch,
              and a exciting addition to a great show.

I can't wait for the first photos of her in a Air Force uniform....or if she is a
              civilian, ER scrubs.....
              Also I read that she came for an audition but if she had just said she wanted the part they would have given it to her and MS didnt know she was going for the part until after she got it
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                hmm now that you say, I think I once read something (might be a rumor) that they wanted Lexa Doig as Reece from Menace
                If that's the case then it's good she wasn't chosen. She'd be dead. She was the only thing I liked about Andromeda.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

yeah. she was good as Rommie. Still... I haven't seen enough of her here to tell yet. Anyway, does anyone have an actual link for an article or interview about this topic? You know, for cold hard fact?
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                    Anyway, does anyone have an actual link for an article or interview about this topic? You know, for cold hard fact?
                    Oh so my word isnt good enough for you eh?

No - here we go then http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=307

Ah seems my recollection wasnt entirely accurate

SG-P: Let’s talk about Stargate: How did you get your job at SG-1? Did Michael help you with that?
                    LD: My agent called, told me I had an audition for SG-1, I went, auditioned, got the job, went to work. Pretty standard stuff really... as for Michael helping me... he helped work on my audition. We help each other all the time with auditions. But that’s pretty much it. As for whether or not I was Michael’s wife was a factor in me being cast on the show... you’d have to ask the producers, as it was ultimately their decision.

SG-P: Do you think there might be he chance to see a romance between your character and Daniel Jackson?
                    LD: Egads... ask the writers. I hope not... I see enough of that man at home! (smiles)

So that explains what MS had to do with it ^

Now for TPTB: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip...&submit=search

Lexa Doig, has joined the personnel at the SGC, so it’s good news all round. “Lexa actually auditioned. Can you believe it?” gasps Cooper. “I would have cast her if I had known she was interested but she came in and read and was head and shoulders above the rest. Now, in the show she is fantastic. She really is. She plays Dr Lam, a role where she gets to show a side of herself that she never really had the opportunity to show before.”

Robert C. Cooper is an Executive Producer and writer
                    love Torri

Comment

In the real life I'm glad they're together and married. But in SG-1 I preffer Daniel/Vala relationship...

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
                      IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

Lam is going to end up with
                        Spoiler:
                        Mitchell
                        love Torri

Comment

Lam is going to end up with
                          Spoiler:
                          Mitchell
                          in the fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                            in the fanfics
                            See: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=18
                            love Torri

Comment

That would be great! And Daniel will end up with Vala ... Lam+Mitch and Daniel+Vala

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
                              IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

Working...
                              X