TJ and Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
    for Young's reaction, most definitely. He seemed almost stricken at the thought of a baby on board the Destiny, so agreed there. I was going on a conjecture of what TJ may have felt, reasons that would have been there if they were on Destiny or not.
    Fair enough. I'd be worried for baby as well. Not to sound cold-hearted (and I'd never actually suggest this) but realistically, terminating the pregnancy is probably the best course of action. I wonder if Rush with his utilitarian viewpoint will advocate this?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Hurin View Post
      Fair enough. I'd be worried for baby as well. Not to sound cold-hearted (and I'd never actually suggest this) but realistically, terminating the pregnancy is probably the best course of action. I wonder if Rush with his utilitarian viewpoint will advocate this?
      if Rush does, I think he may get decked by Young ...again...
      sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

if Rush does, I think he may get decked by Young ...again...
        Yep, and he'd certainly deserve it if you ask me. Personally, I really hope they don't throw something like that in there to stir the pot, but GRIMDARK seems to be the direction the show is going...

Comment

Goodness gracious, I hope not! He will most likely not like the idea of her being pregnant and having a baby. However I am definately hoping that it doesn't become an argument or issue point between Rush and Young.
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Personally, I really hope they don't throw something like that in there to stir the pot, but GRIMDARK seems to be the direction the show is going...
            And what direction is that?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
              Goodness gracious, I hope not! He will most likely not like the idea of her being pregnant and having a baby. However I am definately hoping that it doesn't become an argument or issue point between Rush and Young.
              Well, Rush isn't in command and he isn't one of the parents so he really doesn't have a say in anything. It'll be possible for young and TJ to take care of the baby on their own if they try hard enough, but the rest of the crew seems to have goodwill towards Tamara so they may help out when they can.

Comment

Something else I was thinking, is how Young must have felt knowing that she had kept it from him for so long. Finding out that she was 22 weeks when she decided to tell him.
                My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

realistically, terminating the pregnancy is probably the best course of action. I wonder if Rush with his utilitarian viewpoint will advocate this?
                  The new, softer Rush after Human would never suggest something like this. And I'm pretty sure that before too there is no way he would suggest this for a woman who's at 22 (?) weeks. The pregnancy is just too advanced. That's why TJ's "I'm keeping it" was a bit weird. What other option was there at this point? Even if Young had thrown the fit she seemed to expect it's not like they could airlock the baby.

Call me evil but I don't want to see this baby born. Young and TJ skeeve me out as a couple and I have no interest in suspending disbelief to accept that a baby really would survive on the ship.

Comment

Something else I was thinking, is how Young must have felt knowing that she had kept it from him for so long. Finding out that she was 22 weeks when she decided to tell him.
                    He probably would have preferred to have known, but I can really understand TJ's reluctance.
                    sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

He probably would have preferred to have known, but I can really understand TJ's reluctance.
                      Agreed. He probably would have preferred to have known sooner. However probably understood her reluctance to tell him. Especially her knowing:

a) their "thing" was over and that he was trying to patch things up with his wife
                      b) he having a lot on his plate with having to shoulder a lot of the leadership responsibilities at this point

Which is most likely why he didn't say a lot to her after she told him. He probably has a lot running through his mind about the situation, but most likely won't tell her

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                        And what direction is that?
                        In my opinion, SGU can be a little depressing at times. Case in point: at the end of "Faith" we see the Destiny crew laughing and eating together in the mess hall. Rather than ending the episode off on a positive note, immediately afterwards we see TJ alone crying.

Well, Young has had a lot to deal with. We aren't 100% sure when TJ found out herself, are we?

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                        The new, softer Rush after Human would never suggest something like this. And I'm pretty sure that before too there is no way he would suggest this for a woman who's at 22 (?) weeks. The pregnancy is just too advanced. That's why TJ's "I'm keeping it" was a bit weird. What other option was there at this point? Even if Young had thrown the fit she seemed to expect it's not like they could airlock the baby.
                        All true. I don't think Young would even have suggested it, personally. To me the look on his face was more like his mind was being boggled at the difficulty of the situation and trying to figure out a way to make it work. I hope you're right about Rush too. I'd really like to see the strife come from external sources as the show progresses.

Originally posted by yanna View Post
                        Call me evil but I don't want to see this baby born. Young and TJ skeeve me out as a couple and I have no interest in suspending disbelief to accept that a baby really would survive on the ship.
                        Evil.

The baby would have a tough time, for sure. Would it be impossible for it to survive? Probably not, but he wouldn't be the healthiest kid that's for damn sure. What I'm dreading is if they get into the "Timmy needs fresh air! Who wants to take him down to the planet and teach him how to play baseball?"

Comment

In my opinion, SGU can be a little depressing at times. Case in point: at the end of "Faith" we see the Destiny crew laughing and eating together in the mess hall. Rather than ending the episode off on a positive note, immediately afterwards we see TJ alone crying.
                          Oh yes. At first I thought GRIMDARK was abbreviation of something. You're right, but I'm sucker for angst, so no complaints coming from me.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
                            Oh yes. At first I thought GRIMDARK was abbreviation of something. You're right, but I'm sucker for angst, so no complaints coming from me.
                            The GRIMDARK thing comes from Warhammer 40K. It's a tongue-in-cheek way of implying that the setting is so bleak it's ridiculous. Yes, I'm a nerd

Comment

The GRIMDARK thing comes from Warhammer 40K. It's a tongue-in-cheek way of implying that the setting is so bleak it's ridiculous.
                              So, I wasn't totally wrong.

The "Faith" ending you mentioned reminds me of how "Light" ended. Instead of ending it with crew happily eating at the mess, we get Young suspecting that Rush knew that Destiny would survive.

Can someone please remind me, when did a SGU ep have a happy ending.

Another thing that worries me about the baby is that BJS has mentioned the season finale will be disturbing.
                              sigpic

Comment

SPOILER ABOUT THE BABY:

Spoiler:
                                I think it's pretty obvious that the writers will not let these children to live on the ship. And I fear that TJ will be wounded and lost the baby. I am guessing, that LA will have something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X