This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw the Tok'ra

I've been thinking a lot lately. The Tok'ra haven't done nearly as much for the humans as we have for them. In the earlier seasons they were always like "We need you to do this, this and this," and SG-1 got NOTHING in return besides a pat on the back and an cliche, apathetic response if any of the SGC members were killed.

So my question now is, who really needs them??

I think they need themselves really, haha... But anyway, i think all they've done mostly is help us with the trutonin medicine, and some other things, me forget.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
      I think they need themselves really, haha... But anyway, i think all they've done mostly is help us with the trutonin medicine, and some other things, me forget.
      Yeah, but trutonin wasn't even our problem! After that episode we never heard from them again! Sometimes the way SG-1 opereates reminds me of how and why I hate the way America operates. We're too busy worrying about other people's problems instead of working on our own.

Comment

The rebel Jaffa made better allies than the Tok'ra.
        They were willing to fight along side us and many times provided a ship or better intel than the Tok'ra ever did
        *Peter turns on the energy based iris while Atlantis is very low on power*
        McKay - "Using power, using power, using power..."

Comment

It was kind of for us, if you consider Teal'c part of us, since hes part of the team and all. The very last time we've heard from the Tok'ra is i think Death Knell from S7, where Jacob and Sam created that special weapon to destroy the Kull Warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by EYU86
            The rebel Jaffa made better allies than the Tok'ra.
            They were willing to fight along side us and many times provided a ship or better intel than the Tok'ra ever did
            Sadly they ended up doing what the Tok'ra did, desert us.

Comment

Agreed. I have a feeling the only reason the Asgard have stuck around as long as they have as because they know eventually we might get back up the level of the Ancients...in a few...million years...

Comment

Not entirely, they just left to start their own lives not under our rules. It didn't stop them from helping us out.

Comment

Yah, thats probably the most likely reason. Or maybe the Asgard stuck around because the Goa'uld isn't the Asgard's problem, haha, unlike the Tok'ra and the Rebels.

Comment

Yah, thats probably the most likely reason. Or maybe the Asgard stuck around because the Goa'uld isn't the Asgard's problem, haha, unlike the Tok'ra and the Rebels.
                    Well so long as the weapon in Antartica is functional, Earth is in no immediate danger. The Wraith however....well...that's a different story...

Comment

The subject line of this topic cracked me up! The Tok'ra sure do cause a lot of trouble for being supposed "Goa'uldbusters", don't they?

WHYYY ANISE, WHYYY???
                      Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                      more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I always thought that the Tok'ra would one day seize control of a Goa'uld empire and do exactly what the Goa'uld did.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                          and SG-1 got NOTHING in return besides a pat on the back and an cliche, apathetic response if any of the SGC members were killed.
                          Oh, NOTHING, except for the times they:

1) helped save Jack, Sam and Daniel from Hathor and company (Out of Mind/Into the Fire). It's not known whether that Tok'Ra operative survived,

2) helped flush out Seth who was hiding away on Earth and building his forces,

3) gave intel, technology and help to fight off the Reetou attack(another Tok'Ra bites the dust),

4) came to the rescue of Jack and Teal'c(Tangent) and of all of SG-1( Fail Safe),

5)gave intel on pretty much whatever was ever asked of them, like the DHD problems in 48 Hours, to name one,

6)Tretonin, which, BTW is a HUGE help, because now the SGC finally have something to offer Jaffa as an alternative to enslavement to the Goa'uld,

7)created an airborne poison that is lethal to the Goa'uld,

8)gave intel on the device, helped to build a way to kill the Kull warriors and participated in the recon of Anubis' Kull facility,

9)saved Jacob's life,

10)provided Jack the only shot at surviving his sickness(Frozen).

As for a cliche response when Tau'ri warriors get killed, what kind of response should they make? How has Jack responded to Tok'Ra dying while helping his people? These folks are warriors - all of them, Tauri, Jaffa, Tok'Ra - not sunday school children.

So my question now is, who really needs them??
                          What MORE must they DO to have any value?
                          Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                          "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                          One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                          resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                          confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                          A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                          The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Crystals and Upgrades. The only things the Tokra have been good for.
                            rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Im supporting the idea that the Tok'ra didn't 'do nothing', but obviously, they have, but to some people, they didn't, but hopefully we'll see them in S8 to see what they are doing right now

Comment

Working...
                              X